NYC Fire Museum Closed

278 Spring is the old Quarters of E33. Thats a three bay firehouse, what other units weŕe quartered here?

Ah NYC development, profit at any price. I hope the museum and the city go after the developer and their contractors for operating in a way that is causing adjacent buildings to be at risk of collapse

Ah NYC development, profit at any price. I hope the museum and the city go after the developer and their contractors for operating in a way that is causing adjacent buildings to be at risk of collapse
I doubt City Hall will do anything, but the Fire Department will find a way. Can the Department halt construction without going through DOB or City Hall?

I doubt it too, and the Fire Museum is not "affiliated" with FDNY as its a standalone operation and a 501c3, so FDNY has little official say in what happens to their operation.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
Was the Oxygen Therapy unit still there for a while? Because they didn't get disbanded till the 90's.
Yes the OTU was there until it moved in with the Medical Bureau on Lafayette St. Remember that the Sat officer & Medical Bureau were there also.

Look at all the complications trying to get remediation for the active operating FH on Grand Ave & the end result is demolition ...I doubt the FDNY will have much impact on Spring St.