Engine 17 Engine FDNY

First of all im sorry if this is in the wrong thread,

Can someone please point me in the direction of the history of 17 Engine. for example location and rig pics.

From NYFD Hisotry

ENGINE 17 MANHATT
ORG. 91 Ludlow St. FQ Vol. (Sep. 17, 186 RELOC. (Aug. 20, 1879)
NQTRS.91 Ludlow St. (Mar. 17, 1880)
NQTRS. 185 Broome St. W/ L-18 (May 1, 1939)
NQTRS. 25 Pitt St. W/ L-18 (Dec. 12, 1973)
DISB. (Jan. 3, 1991)
ENGINE 17(2) MANHATTAN ORG. 91 Ludlow St. At E-17 (Apr. 17, 1917) DISB. (May 1, 1918)

mack

Administrator
There are several Engine 17 historical summaries with information, pictures, apparatus, medal, LODDs, members in the "History Section" on our site. Go to the FDNY & NYC Firehouses threads at the beginning of the History Section. There is an index by company. You will find several sections of the thread listed for this historic and now disbanded engine company which was one of the busiest companies in NYC for a long time.

There are several Engine 17 historical summaries with information, pictures, apparatus, medal, LODDs, members in the "History Section" on our site. Go to the FDNY & NYC Firehouses threads at the beginning of the History Section. There is an index by company. You will find several sections of the thread listed for this historic and now disbanded engine company which was one of the busiest companies in NYC for a long time.
i apologize still learning this website. and to find stuff!! Great job though making this website

mack

Administrator
i apologize still learning this website. and to find stuff!! Great job though making this website
No need to apologize. We are glad you are a member of our site and welcome questions, comments and contributions.

Still a couple of 17 Engine members on this job! I think 2 to be precise. Impressive for a company that’s been closed since 1991! Both BC’s

Thanks for all the information and pictures, the last question that i have is the fire house still standing or has it been knocked down?

mack

Administrator
Their firehouse on Broome Street was knocked down a few years back to build a park. Too bad. I remember what a great firehouse it was.

My uncle Max was a chauffer at Engine 17 for about 35 years. I think he retired around the time the house was closed in 1991 . Great memories for my cousins ( his children) and I going to the firehouse when we were younger. He is in one of the posted pictures kneeling in front of the truck.

Here is a photo of some the members of Engine 17, Tower Ladder 18 and Battalion 4, taken in 1978. I served in Tower Ladder 18 from March 1977 till my promotion to Lieutenant in March 1984. We were among the busiest units in the FDNY in those years and for some time after that.
Captain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retiredE-17 TL-18 & Batt. 4 members 1978.jpg