Old FDNY Apparatus Restored/Saved Parts

A few Pieces were Saved from Old Former FDNY Apparatus

Annotation 2022-12-09 235652.png
**Both Pieces Of Apparatus were chopped up for scrap in Late 2021**
SL9105D From the Rear Of Ex Ladder 176's 1991 Seagrave Rear mount. D at the End Signified (Dual Axel)
SL8907D From the Rear Of Ex Ladder 125's 1989 Seagrave Rear mount
Still have whatever reflective coating they put on these pieces as they reflect with the use of a flashlight etc..

SL9105D was covered in Black Paint when the Dept Dx'd it after use as a Reserve. (Photo Below to see original Condition)

5B940308-A41B-4C65-B8D5-718B0680FECF.jpg

Engine 34's 2002 High-Pressure Seagrave Built as part of: (Major Order Placed Immediately after 9/11) Whelen Turn Signal Dated November 2001 MFG
Unknown Condition of the Rig, most likely since been Chopped up Dx'd Mid 2022:

Annotation 2022-12-09 235601.png

ST00003 Ex Ladder 22 Dx'd Mid 2022 "Keep Back 200 Feet" Piece

Annotation 2022-12-10 000613.png

This is an interesting subject about parts, I knew of a old timer that had an old ALF bell that was removed from a spare many moons ago when they started to become obsolete. I was also given a Mack bulldog that was in front of rig that was going out of service from another old timer. I think the trophy piece is the "STAY BACK 200 FEET" sign that hung over the back step.

This is an interesting subject about parts, I knew of a old timer that had an old ALF bell that was removed from a spare many moons ago when they started to become obsolete. I was also given a Mack bulldog that was in front of rig that was going out of service from another old timer. I think the trophy piece is the "STAY BACK 200 FEET" sign that hung over the back step.

THANK YOU BRAD, "signal73".

THANK YOU Dan, "JohnnyGage", as well.
Those Mack Bulldogs certainly are a collectors piece

Although the photos displayed above are NOT FDNY apparatus, this is the Mack Bulldog that was displayed on ALL of the Mack apparatus years ago.

In this case, these photos are from the collection of Bill B., aka "BFD151", on this site, a Retired Bridgeport, Ct Firefighter and life long friend of mine.
When we were young kids together, we would chase the fire trucks and watch our dads who worked together for many years.

We also buffed the FDNY together when we got older.

"A great time for guys who were into it".

These are all from Retired Chief J.K's, aka "68jk09", collection and he donated them ALL to the new Rescue 2's Firehouse when it opened in 2019.

Included are:
Top Photo - Is a House Watch Desk Clock that Chief JK made while working at Rescue 2, when they were on Carlton Ave with Engine Co 210. It shows the famous Rescue 2 Mack Bulldog, the companies insignia.

Middle Photo - Also made by Chief JK, similar to the "Old Back Step Handhold" but actually from a NYC Subway Car

Bottom Photo - A plaque of Rescue 2's 1967 Mack & Saulsbury body on the 1982 ALF.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH BRAD "signal73" FOR POSTING THESE PHOTOS and THANK YOU CHIEF J.K. "68jk09" FOR SHARING THESE COLLECTOR RESCUE 2 ITEMS THAT ARE NOW A PART OF RESCUE 2's FIREHOUSE

MT-8410, A Hundred and Twenty Truck. This rig served on Watkins Street from Feb. 1985 to Mar. 1997. Just happened to find it Devino's Metal Salvage Yard in Newark, NJ in May 1998. A couple of us went back a week later to give her a proper send off with some Budweisers. Ironically she had just over 120,000 miles on the odometer. The owner of the yard said the rig had numerous cracks in the frame and was about to be cut up for scrap. "Nobody "Did" it Better! That rig saw a lot of work. Also in the yard was 227's old 1982 ALF, no numbers on her but still had "King of The Hill" on the front bumper. That rig was in good shape and was headed for a second career in South America.

Attachments

• FDNY 1984 Mack L120f.jpg
    FDNY 1984 Mack L120f.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 35
  • FDNY MT-8410 RIP (2).jpg
    FDNY MT-8410 RIP (2).jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 36
  • FDNY MT-8410#.jpg
    FDNY MT-8410#.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
MT-8410, A Hundred and Twenty Truck. This rig served on Watkins Street from Feb. 1985 to Mar. 1997. Just happened to find it Devino's Metal Salvage Yard in Newark, NJ in May 1998. A couple of us went back a week later to give her a proper send off with some Budweisers. Ironically she had just over 120,000 miles on the odometer. The owner of the yard said the rig had numerous cracks in the frame and was about cut up for scrap. "Nobody "Did" it Better! Also in the yard was 227's old 1982 ALF, no numbers on her but still had "King of The Hill" on the front bumper. That rig was in good shape and was headed for a second career in South America.
I wonder if rigs still get scrapped in Newark, when I lived there I thought a saw a few early 2000 Seagrave engines in the back of a scrapyard.

I wonder if rigs still get scrapped in Newark, when I lived there I thought a saw a few early 2000 Seagrave engines in the back of a scrapyard.
Highly Doubt it, theres a lot next to the Station on 18th Ave, there are multiple old NFD Appratus in that lot. Including some old NPD Citizen Clergy Patrol Vehicles (don't ask me what that is cause I don't got a clue)

Highly Doubt it, theres a lot next to the Station on 18th Ave, there are multiple old NFD Appratus in that lot. Including some old NPD Citizen Clergy Patrol Vehicles (don't ask me what that is cause I don't got a clue)
That's NFD Headquarters and those are the department spares. I was referring the junkyards in Doremus Ave.

The Citizen Clergy Patrol is a program getting members of the clergy into the community to try and stop violence especially gun violence.

That's NFD Headquarters and those are the department spares. I was referring the junkyards in Doremus Ave.

The Citizen Clergy Patrol is a program getting members of the clergy into the community to try and stop violence especially gun violence.
Oh...makes sense.