12-23-22....QUEENS STORM FLOODING.

Flooding from winter storm overwhelms several NY shore communities
Police are being called in to help residents stuck in flooding in Howard Beach.

ByEyewitness News via WABC logo

Tidal flooding triggered by winter storm inundates shore communities

EMBED <>MORE VIDEOS
Kristin Thorne reports from Freeport and Johny Fernandez has an update from Howard Beach.

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Flooding from the winter storm has prompted urgent calls for assistance in several New York coastal communities.

The NYPD has called a Level 3 mobilization in Howard Beach, Queens, to help residents and assist in traffic conditions.

Numerous streets there, in the Rockaways and other parts of South Queens have been inundated by tidal flooding exacerbated by the winter storm.

Video showed the impact of rising tides from Jamaica Bay, which left multiple vehicles under water.

Beach Channel Drive is closed from Beach 116th Street to Beach 124th Street.

And in Freeport, Nassau County, dramatic video showed South Long Beach Avenue completely impassable.

Cars there are underwater as well.

Flooding was also being reported in New Jersey.

NJ Transit posted a service advisory just before 9 a.m. announcing trains in and out of Hoboken Terminal were subject to up to 30-minute delays due to high water conditions.

And a Flood Warning was posted for Bergen County until 9 p.m. Friday.

This breaking story will be updated.

To the members working tonight - stay safe. Not a night to have the roof position 😊. Keep the nozzle cracked open a tad bit when not flowing and don’t lay the nozzle down.
And the MPO's, excuse me, ECC's should have the "tank fill" valve slightly open to keep booster water churning and not freezing during prolonged operations.

RCL

Engine 236 responding in Howard Beach during the storm at101 street and 159 Avenue by OLG Churh. About a block from where I grew up.

1-be56fcdc0d.jpg

RCL

First pic is my aunts house on 160 ave and 95th street. She was here in Fl when she got the picture and the news her basement was flooded. Her neighbors looked out for the house until she got back Christmas day. 2nd is my old house, 160 and 101st, on the right where the barrels are. That would be about 12 inches of water in the basement at least. FB_IMG_1672273102050.jpgFB_IMG_1672273235942.jpg