1/18/23 Manhattan Car Down Stairs

Bulldog

Bulldog
Wonder why they wasted FDNY resources on this. Most departments would have just let them call the tow truck to remove the vehicle. Maybe have a engine company standing by in case of a fluid spill.

“{ FDNY BOX 0913 ~ MANHATTAN }”…..”{ **RARE CATCH** OF THE FDNY USING A GRIP HOIST TOOL TO CONDUCT A MANEUVER TO RELEASE A LIVERY CAB FROM SOME STAIRS IT GOT STUCK ON AFTER DRIVING ON THEM BY MISTAKE }”…..

Bulldog

Bulldog
When you have the opportunity to do training, you do it.
I agree it was an opportunity for training but in this case there was another call that the rescue was needed on and they could've responded sooner if I hadn't been tied up on this call.

I agree it was an opportunity for training but in this case there was another call that the rescue was needed on and they could've responded sooner if I hadn't been tied up on this call.
R1 became 10-8 from this not long into the 10-76. A few minutes maybe, wasn’t much time wasted. At the end of the day no matter what they were previously on it was an assigned run.

If it was a fire alarm and the engine officer took a some time to walk thru a building to show probies something that’s how they learn. Point to the fact is Companies are on BI and are delayed all the time. Squad 18 was available and SOC coverage was still available in the Boro.

I see your point, but that still leaves SQ18 avaliable for Rescue Ops, and if its needed R2 and R3 (since R3 serves Harlem anyway)