CT May Lower/Eliminate FF Physical Standards

Bulldog

Bulldog
This is what the Democrats are doing to everything, dumbing it down to the lowest common denominator! Forget about what it takes to do a job, just make sure that everybody can qualify! Then you can pick the ones you want to have the job. Sorry about not being very PC but...

On average, women (cis-gendered) have one-third less upper extremity strength than men (cis-gendered).

Experience at the U.S. Naval Academy showed that the injury rate of females (cis-gendered) was five to ten times higher than males (cis-gendered).

An HFD Chief I know couldn't assign one of his firefighters to a ladder company. She couldn't carry the saw to the roof.

Welcome to the new CT FD. Lots and lots more that don’t make the news (Talking Hamden)

I know least 10 females around the state that do the job better than 20 males

This is what the Democrats are doing to everything, dumbing it down to the lowest common denominator! Forget about what it takes to do a job, just make sure that everybody can qualify! Then you can pick the ones you want to have the job. Sorry about not being very PC but...
You see this when there are elementary school athletic competitions. There is no first or second place finisher and a trophy. Instead everyone gets a "participation" ribbon. This is how we became the "bubble-wrap" society, we can't have someone feel bad if they finish last. Suck it up buttercup!

A combat army vet who had to retire from his line position due to medical condition who went and got the certification for fire inspector was denied the position because they wanted some one else in that position. He was the only one to apply

A Caucasian LT scored number 1 on the captains test. They promoted an African American LT who scored the lowest on the test

It all started here. https://www.newhavenindependent.org...2KdpY1nMqtG8cZ_0dtf7iTKpLBSmZFkyk3_F-Ggb4CDZE

Welcome to the new CT FD. Lots and lots more that don’t make the news (Talking Hamden)

I know least 10 females around the state that do the job better than 20 males

I would certainly AGREE with that

I know some female firefighters who do a great job and that’s from some of the guys they work with

In fact those females that are already doing a great job take offense to lowering any standards
Let’s not forget that if the standards are lowered just to accommodate new female firefighters, those females that worked so hard to get there will have to work with them too.

Yes, just an example of our Over Paid Elected Officials trying to get themselves some extra votes
But if they are ever trapped in a fire, their proposed wish might come back to haunt them

People need to realize that their lives and property are at risk should this pass