New FDNY Tillers

Yes I saw that as well. According to FAJ Seagrave has not set a time frame for the 11 units to replace all but 147 and 175, someone better tell Seagrave about this if true.

tell seagraves what? the tiller order? we've known about this for awhile now. the added tillers, we've also known about.
what is the basis for your comment of 3 confirmed tillers, or maybe 5? And as stated in my post Seagrave had not indicated a time frame for assembly of these units. Now we are going to go from 11 to possibly 16? Many departments have been told there is up to a 2 year lag between placing the order and accepting delivery of the final product.

what is the basis for your comment of 3 confirmed tillers, or maybe 5? And as stated in my post Seagrave had not indicated a time frame for assembly of these units. Now we are going to go from 11 to possibly 16? Many departments have been told there is up to a 2 year lag between placing the order and accepting delivery of the final product.
Maybe inside information. The answer to your question is in his comment.

Don't the house floors have to be beefed up to handle the additional weight of the tiller units? I would think that would limit what companies can switch over to tillers from rearmounts or towers.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Don't the house floors have to be beefed up to handle the additional weight of the tiller units? I would think that would limit what companies can switch over to tillers from rearmounts or towers.
Maybe not, depending on the situation. Yes, the tillers are somewhat heavier but they also are longer so it spreads the weight out across the floor.

Perhaps Ladder 83 will get one. There are some very tight streets in Westerleigh west of Jewett Avenue.
I believe they had the last tiller on Staten Island.

I have a question. If there is the need for additional tillers would those be an add-on to the existing Seagrave order? Or would it required a new bidding process which might bring a new player to the field?