Changes at Headquarters

Bulldog

Bulldog
It's all politics, the mayor picks the people he likes for positions like this and worry about how much they know about the fire service or how much help they can be to it!
A very reliable source told me they had a ‘breakfast’ for FDNY bosses a week or two ago at 1PP. I guess they were talking than about coexisting in the Mayor Adam’s administration.
Lots of speculations about both Commissions being puppets of the Mayors inner circle.

Last edited:
the FC is not like a Fire Chief in most other cities and counties. Very little to do with the day to day technical or operational aspects of the job (unless it gets in the way of, or helps their agenda). That’s what the COD is for. The FC is concerned about the budget, hiring practices, community relations, using the fire department to bolster the Mayors image, cost containment, public relations, image, and dealing with personnel issues that bring bad light upon the department or present them with a photo opportunity. Like someone said before , it’s all politics at the FC office, another layer of bureaucracy that the FDNY staff chiefs have to deal with daily.

Strange that in one of the newspaper articles on the Chiefs requesting a demotion it stated that the FC said something to the effect of ....."wait 3 months while I right the ship".......word on the street is this 90 day thing came from the Mayors NYPD guys in the FDNY Staff mix (Martinez & Banks).......supposedly Banks told her take a 90 day cooling off period & don't do or change anything while I look at this. huh.png??