NYPD to begin new RMP striping design

One of my takeaways from this is that I didn't know they still make that style of flashing lights. Every police vehicle around here has modern LED lights. The only emergency vehicles I see with those older lights are some fire apparatus that are more than 15 years old.

Actually those are LED lights. Federal Vision SLR models. Extremely effective. Combines modern super bright LED with the effects of a 360 rotating beam.

The removal of mobile radios from NYPD vehicles not only saved money, but it also removed another reason why the vehicle could not be used. Years back, if the radio in the car did not work, the vehicle was placed out of service.
But back during the '40s and '50s, They had people to fix em in the field.

Bro.....seriously why. No one asked for these. Its bad enough that people think PAPD Squad Cars are NYPD. Even though PAPD has the words "POLICE" on the side. NYPD hasn't had that since what, FDR and Truman we're in Office? I like the current one. Though I think the new one could go with Auxilliary or maybe stuff for events.

One of my takeaways from this is that I didn't know they still make that style of flashing lights. Every police vehicle around here has modern LED lights. The only emergency vehicles I see with those older lights are some fire apparatus that are more than 15 years old.
Don't LVMPD use something similar or did they get rid of em?