New Rescues ?

This was right out of the bid book as Scope/Intent:
"THE INTENT OF THIS SOLICITATION IS TO PROCURE A TANDEM AXLE HEAVY DUTY RESCUE APPARATUS AS PER ATTACHED SPECIFICATION FOR THE NEW YORK CITY, FIRE DEPARTMENT."

Also states the timeline of build: "5 years." So it will be awarded in this year 2023 and have till 2028 to delivery the vehicles. I am guessing this will allow drawings to be made and changes or revisions, procurement of long lead time materials and parts, build one to test and pilot, than manufacture the rest. With the five year span that would allow for a 5-7 year span of front line service.

Inside the Spec book made by FDNY. It states the bid to build rescue company vehicles. It also say that some compartments can be change by each rescue company specific needs/equipment at the preconstruction conference.

The information of the bid/spec book is open to the public. I am basing process from reading the entire specifications book and from my knowledge of construction new naval vessels and how we plan and procure them.

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
"THE INTENT OF THIS SOLICITATION IS TO PROCURE A TANDEM AXLE HEAVY DUTY RESCUE APPARATUS AS PER ATTACHED SPECIFICATION FOR THE NEW YORK CITY, FIRE DEPARTMENT."

Also states the timeline of build: "5 years." So it will be awarded in this year 2023 and have till 2028 to delivery the vehicles. I am guessing this will allow drawings to be made and changes or revisions, procurement of long lead time materials and parts, build one to test and pilot, than manufacture the rest. With the five year span that would allow for a 5-7 year span of front line service.

Inside the Spec book made by FDNY. It states the bid to build rescue company vehicles. It also say that some compartments can be change by each rescue company specific needs/equipment at the preconstruction conference.

The information of the bid/spec book is open to the public. I am basing process from reading the entire specifications book and from my knowledge of construction new naval vessels and how we plan and procure them.
I think you have answered all the questions with the info you provided.

Bulldog

Bulldog

I can maybe see the long lead time based on the problems they had last rescues plus the extended delivery times all the apparatus companies are quoting. I do not understand the 9 trucks, I can understand 6 or maybe even 7 but 9? Unless they are planning on greatly expanding the rescue operations groups with additional trucks that many new ones doesn't make much sense.

I can maybe see the long lead time based on the problems they had last rescues plus the extended delivery times all the apparatus companies are quoting. I do not understand the 9 trucks, I can understand 6 or maybe even 7 but 9? Unless they are planning on greatly expanding the rescue operations groups with additional trucks that many new ones doesn't make much sense.
I feel like one could be for Haz Mat, but I couldn’t tell you on the rest. I don’t see a need for 3 extra Reserves/Spares.

I agree, @Bulldog. I do not understand the 9 units. Unless they use the research and development clause which could allow the FDNY to try new engines, configurations, much more. So it will be interesting to see.

well right now there is 5 (6 if the saulsbury is still around) spare rescue rigs that makes 10 i could understand 9 if Rescue 5 doesn't get a spare rig out of this deal

well right now there is 5 (6 if the saulsbury is still around) spare rescue rigs that makes 10 i could understand 9 if Rescue 5 doesn't get a spare rig out of this deal
Ex Rescue 3's 2002 E-One was auctioned off some months ago its gone.

Bulldog

Bulldog
9 Squads including 800. Maybe Squad 2nd Pieces?
These are certainly much larger than squad 2nd pieces, if they are going to the squads they are going to turn those clouds in the full-blown rescue companies! Of course that's not going to happen!

These are certainly much larger than squad 2nd pieces, if they are going to the squads they are going to turn those clouds in the full-blown rescue companies! Of course that's not going to happen!
Would mean a squad has to tow around all its equipment all the time