Bozrah CT 3d Alarm 1/28/23

BOZRAH, CT - 17 SCHWARTZ RD - *3RD ALARM* CREWS HAVE FIRE IN A LARGE COMMERCIAL EGG FARM BUILDING.

100x400 chicken coop well-involved with exposures. Robb Ladd/Connecticut Fire Photographers photos.

Attachments

• !!!.jpg
    !!!.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 5
  • !!.jpg
    !!.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 5
  • !.jpg
    !.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 5
Hey Willy . . . you're close enough to take this one in . . . bring me back some baked eggs & roasted chicken. 🤪 🤪 🤪

The smoke from this fire could be seen for miles.
Among the mutual aid companies responding, were my Brother and Sister Firefighters of the “Rose City’s Bravest” (Norwich Ct Firefighters).
They responded with Engine 3, Truck 1, and Battalion 1
“Team Work Makes The Dream Work” as “jbendick” once told me

At 1:08 pm on Saturday, 1/28/2023 the Bozrah, Yantic and Colchester Fire Departments with tankers from Gardner Lake, Salem and Lebanon, with the Mohegan Tribal and Taftville FASTs and Scotland’s Hose Tender were dispatched to Hillendale Farms, 17 Schwartz Road for a chicken coop fire. Quinebaug Valley Emergency Communications said they were taking multiple calls for a large structure well involved.
Engine 126 arrived at 1:17 with a 100’ by 400’ chicken coop well involved and transmitted the second alarm. Engine 126 used their deck gun and set up a blitz fire on the Bravo side for exposure protection. Tanker 126 arrived next and nursed their engine. Engine 33 split their crew in half to set up the drop site for water supply and sent manpower forward to stretch lines. An 1.75” front bumper line was stretched to the Alpha side.
Ladder 128 positioned in the front and set up for ladder pipe operations. A 2.5” crosslay was stretched from Ladder 128 into the exposure on the Delta side. Hose Tender 6 reverse laid from Ladder 128 to Engine 33. Ladder 106 set up in the rear and was fed by Engine 328. Engine 31 established a draft from the Yantic River to fill the tankers. Engine 128 also established a draft for the secondary water supply.
The City of Norwich Fire Department was requested as the third FAST while East Great Plain Ladder 5 was requested for another ladder pipe. Additional tankers were called from Franklin, Oakdale, Chesterfield, Baltic, Lisbon, Lebanon, Laurel Hill, Griswold and Preston.

Car 126 had command while Car 2 had operations and Car 3 had water supply. Unfortunately over 100,000 chickens perished in the blaze and the Bozrah Fire Marshal’s Office is investigating. Text courtesy NLC FireWire.

Drone footage from the Hillendale Farms fire at 17 Schwartz Road in Bozrah, Connecticut. Colchester's Ladder 128 set up with Bozrah's Engine & Tanker 126 feeding them.
See less

Bulldog

Bulldog
I'm always amazed when they can supply that much water using tankers and drop tanks! Multiple ladder pipes running off of tankers certainly takes a lot of coordination and training!