FDNY Type 2 Ambulances

It always seemed tight when doing ALS interventions in the vans, between have both paramedics and both EMTs in the back it got very crowded without much elbow room.
don't know how American Paramedics do it then have been in a ambulance with 2x paramedic and Hems Doctor in a Sprinter ambulance

It always seemed tight when doing ALS interventions in the vans, between have both paramedics and both EMTs in the back it got very crowded without much elbow room.
Let me tell ya' - it's Not All That 'Roomy' in the 'Box' Busses w/ ALS & 2 EMT's in the back w/CPR In-Progress:
Intubation, IV's, Electro-Conversion, Chest Compression, Manual Ventilation... It All Gets Real Busy & Tight. :sneaky:

I don’t know about the vans but I know the area I work in that uses the box style has a chair on the driver side also, often called the “cpr chair” although I’ve never sat while doing CPR. It is nice to have the space for someone to stand there

Do FDNY ambulances still have the stretcher mount against the side wall so that the stair chair can be lifted into the rear of the unit? This was a game changer in the rain and/or snow.

How many ambulances of each type does FDNY have ?
If I am not mistaken, the FDNY only has the box style on the back of there chassis'. The only major difference is the chassis, during COVID time FDNY leased E-series chassis instead of the F-series due the fact that ambulance manufacture had them sitting on the lot. E-series were not built to exact FDNY due to the need to increase transports during Covid.

Do FDNY ambulances still have the stretcher mount against the side wall so that the stair chair can be lifted into the rear of the unit? This was a game changer in the rain and/or snow.
Yes, but it would allegedly be a tight fit with the new wider power stretchers. Thankfully the power stretchers themselves are more convenient then that trick.

RCL

The contract was awarded to REV Orlando-probably Wheeled Coach-for $ 41 million.
REV group Ocala maybe? I didn't think they were in Orl. But I know there in Ocala. There based off I75 at the Eone plant or nearby it in Ocala. There CFL dealer is a couple of blocks away.