DEMOTIONS & REASSIGNMENTS.

D.O. 35 3-4-23... Paragraph 2.13 ......
2.13 DEMOTION AND REASSIGNMENT
Effective 0900 hours, March 6, 2023, Assistant Chief Joseph M. Jardin, ADMOP, has been demoted to the rank of Deputy Chief and assigned to D-1.
Effective 0900 hours, March 6, 2023, Assistant Chief Michael F. Gala Jr., ADMOP, has been demoted to the rank of Deputy Chief and assigned to D-8.
Effective 0900 hours, March 6, 2023, Assistant Chief Fred P. Schaaf, ADMOP, has been demoted to the rank of Deputy Chief and assigned to D-11.
By Order of: Laura Kavanagh, Fire Commissioner John J. Hodgens, Chief of Department

^^^^ Anyone who thinks this is a Chief's only issue or a "who backed who with the vaccine mandate" has to look farther into this.......this is a SHOT ACROSS THE BOW in a battle that probably will in one way or another come down to affect the lowest Ranks of the FDNY as time goes on......do not become divided BROTHERS.

What about Hogens, Esposito, and Leeb ? Has Kavanaugh "accepted" their requests for demotion or has the issue been "resolved" somehow allowing them to remain in their appointed titles ?

D.O. 35 3-4-23... Paragraph 2.13 ......
2.13 DEMOTION AND REASSIGNMENT
Effective 0900 hours, March 6, 2023, Assistant Chief Joseph M. Jardin, ADMOP, has been demoted to the rank of Deputy Chief and assigned to D-1.
Effective 0900 hours, March 6, 2023, Assistant Chief Michael F. Gala Jr., ADMOP, has been demoted to the rank of Deputy Chief and assigned to D-8.
Effective 0900 hours, March 6, 2023, Assistant Chief Fred P. Schaaf, ADMOP, has been demoted to the rank of Deputy Chief and assigned to D-11.
By Order of: Laura Kavanagh, Fire Commissioner John J. Hodgens, Chief of Department

bravo...to these dedicated men for not retiring and remaining on our job

Bulldog

Bulldog
What about Hogens, Esposito, and Leeb ? Has Kavanaugh "accepted" their requests for demotion or has the issue been "resolved" somehow allowing them to remain in their appointed titles ?
Haven't heard anything about them but I would assume that things haven't been worked out. I don't believe they would trust her even if you did allow them to keep their positions after the fiasco!

You would think she would get the hint sooner or later! She is going to run out of chief officers pretty soon, it's going to get worse I'm afraid before it gets any better.

www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-fdny-chiefs-want-demotions-kavanagh-turmoil-20230309-qhar3unr4jb3rc5jmjuwdigutu-story.html

QUOTE..
The two new requests from Assistant Chief Kevin Brennan and Deputy Assistant Chief Charles “Chuck” Downey, the chief of the FDNY Fire Academy, landed on FDNY Fire Commissioner Laura Kavanagh’s desk this week as the department went ahead with three demotions that prompted several top chiefs to ask for a drop in rank, two sources with knowledge of the drama said.
It brings the number of demoted or dissatisfied chiefs looking for a way out of headquarters to about 10, although the number couldn’t be officially confirmed. There are only 23 staff chiefs in the entire FDNY, sources said.

“At this point it’s easier to count the number of people who didn’t [ask for demotions] instead of the people who have,” one source said.

The demotion requests are a moot point, however, at least in the short term. Kavanagh hasn’t signed off on any of the requests. She’s asked the chiefs to hang on for three more months while she “rights the ship” and they have agreed, sources said. ....UNQUOTE

Thank you Chief "68jk09", for this info.

I've been a follower of the FDNY for over 50 years and other than the budget crisis of 1970s with the closing of fire companies and laying off of 300 firefighters, I don't ever remember it being this bad.

This is one of those things that guys on the job, as well as current retired members, will NEVER FORGET.

The history of the last few months are now carved in stone and this Fire Commissioner will have to live with this for the rest of her life.

Thank you Chief "68jk09", for this info.

I've been a follower of the FDNY for over 50 years and other than the budget crisis of 1970s with the closing of fire companies and laying off of 300 firefighters, I don't ever remember it being this bad.

This is one of those things that guys on the job, as well as current retired members, will NEVER FORGET.

The history of the last few months are now carved in stone and this Fire Commissioner will have to live with this for the rest of her life.

They mentioned that this would be affecting the three alarm chiefs. Is there a separate forum that discusses the roles and responsibility of a third alarm chief? And what chiefs would respond to a third alarm and what’s the position? Thanks.

1) Sorry folks but I missed the rationale why they were demoted.
2) Has there been recent demotions of chief officers in the FDNY in recent years?
Thanks

1) Sorry folks but I missed the rationale why they were demoted.
2) Has there been recent demotions of chief officers in the FDNY in recent years?
Thanks

Feel free to read more details in this thread/article.