New/replacement firehouses

I believe there was talk about putting Rescue 1 in a new house capable of housing the frontline & spare rescues as well as the collapse rescue (similar to Rescue 2 & 3's new houses). Not sure how serious that discussion was.

EMS Station 49 just got a new building
EMS Station 17 is getting a new building next to 92/44
There are rumors that EMS Station 16 will get new quarters in the new wing of Harlem Hospital, but we'll see.

The problem with building new quarters in the city at large and especially Manhattan is obtaining the property. EMS Station 7 has been trying to get a new place for at least the last six years to no avail. They almost got into Hudson Yards, but it fell through.

I was not aware that there were plans for Station 17 to be built in the lot next to 92/44.

Screenshot-362.png

Here's a picture of the plans for those interested. I found it interesting it includes a 22 car underground parking garage.

Pla
I was not aware that there were plans for Station 17 to be built in the lot next to 92/44.

View attachment 33301

Here's a picture of the plans for those interested. I found it interesting it includes a 22 car underground parking garage.
Plans before that showed the driveway on the right a lot shorter so that looks like it works better for parking

EMS Station 49 just got a new building
EMS Station 17 is getting a new building next to 92/44
There are rumors that EMS Station 16 will get new quarters in the new wing of Harlem Hospital, but we'll see.

The problem with building new quarters in the city at large and especially Manhattan is obtaining the property. EMS Station 7 has been trying to get a new place for at least the last six years to no avail. They almost got into Hudson Yards, but it fell through.
There was originally a new EMS stattion near HH but thet tore it down when they build the new HH wing. What a waste

^^^^^^ New 5 sty FH scheduled to be built on the same 86-53 Grand Ave spot ....temporary Qtrs to be erected on part of the Newtown HS athletic field on 57 Ave around 90 / 94 St.....no real movement yet .....E & T still in sheds across from present FH.

^^^^^^ New 5 sty FH scheduled to be built on the same 86-53 Grand Ave spot ....temporary Qtrs to be erected on part of the Newtown HS athletic field on 57 Ave around 90 / 94 St.....no real movement yet .....E & T still in sheds across from present FH.
^^^5 sty? Are they planning on quartering something/someone else with them?

Who will that house before?

Bulldog

Bulldog
^^^5 sty? Are they planning on quartering something/someone else with them?
I was thinking the same thing, it's going to be an awful lot of office space in the 4 floors above the truck bays of course at least 1 of them may be even 2 will be for bunk rooms etc. but that's still an awful lot of office space for somebody.

It is not really that much extra space as it will be on the existing double bay footprint so apparatus floor roughly the same size.....kitchen & E, T & BN offices upstairs plus male & female bathrooms plus male & female locker rooms etc......extra floor could be used for whatever down the road (like maybe DV or whatever ) .....the idea is to keep contaminants away from as many areas as possible.