THEY SAVED NEW YORK

is the book out yet? if so were could one find it to purchase? Would love to read it. Always loved reading about the war years in both New York and Boston, and any major city.

Latest word from Dan, "JohnnyGage", and photographer Glen, on the release of the book; "They Saved New York", is looks like a release this coming spring.

The delay was due to some additional editing that needed to be done.

So for all of us who were hoping that Santa Clause would bring us that book on Christmas morning, 2022, it's not that Santa forgot about you.
It's just that there was more work to be done on them.

For all of us who DON'T want to wait until next year for Santa Clause to bring it, I think it will be possible to order this book for ourselves, shortly after this cold and snowy winter is over in a few months.

willie thanks for the update, the question i have is there a list that you can get on for pre orders?

willie thanks for the update, the question i have is there a list that you can get on for pre orders?

"NPeruta", I haven't heard anything yet, but I'm sure Dan, "johnny gage", will let us know if that happens.

I think there's a lot of us that don't want to miss out when the book sales do begin.

Latest word from Dan, "JohnnyGage", and photographer Glen, on the release of the book; "They Saved New York", is looks like a release this coming spring.

The delay was due to some additional editing that needed to be done.

So for all of us who were hoping that Santa Clause would bring us that book on Christmas morning, 2022, it's not that Santa forgot about you.
It's just that there was more work to be done on them.

For all of us who DON'T want to wait until next year for Santa Clause to bring it, I think it will be possible to order this book for ourselves, shortly after this cold and snowy winter is over in a few months.

As many of us await the release of the book "They Saved New York", I would like to pass on to our members, another EXCELLENT BOOK that I would highly recommend.

That book titled: "Into the Smoke with New York's Bravest", written by Thomas Barry and photos taken by Mike Dick.
Mike of course a very popular and frequent contributor to this web site as, "mikeindabronx".

A quick check today (1/16/23) finds that Amazon has ONLY THREE COPIES OF THAT BOOK LEFT.
So, if you are interested in a great book based on the FDNY that covered some very busy years, check out Amazon and order yours ASAP.

You'll find other Excellent Books based on the FDNY there as well.

As many of us await the release of the book "They Saved New York", I would like to pass on to our members, another EXCELLENT BOOK that I would highly recommend.

That book titled: "Into the Smoke with New York's Bravest", written by Thomas Barry and photos taken by Mike Dick.
Mike of course a very popular and frequent contributor to this web site as, "mikeindabronx".

A quick check today (1/16/23) finds that Amazon has ONLY THREE COPIES OF THAT BOOK LEFT.
So, if you are interested in a great book based on the FDNY that covered some very busy years, check out Amazon and order yours ASAP.

You'll find other Excellent Books based on the FDNY there as well.
Will he add more books to amazon? Or is it once they are gone they are gone.

Hello, can someone confirm the book will be out on April 15th? Read something about on fb. Thanks

Hello, can someone confirm the book will be out on April 15th? Read something about on fb. Thanks

"Eddy1926" - welcome to this web site.

I would like to let you know that when the book "They Saved New York" is released, the author - a well known member of this site, has assured us that he will let us know.
He is also donating all of his profits to FDNY's "Joey D Foundation".

The author, known as "Johnny Gage" on this site, also has some great stories that you might want to check out.
The title of that thread is "Glory Days Vignettes" in the History - FDNY - Personnel Section.

Last edited:
THANK YOU Dan, "johnnygage", as many of us have been awaiting for this books release.

These are some of the guys that saw the most fire activity in the entire history of the fire service.
I was......I guess you could say - I was a very lucky guy to be able to watch them do what they did best back in those unbelievable so called; "FDNY War Years".

The guys treated me great and often invited me to spend some time with them.
What a learning experience that was for me.

I also invited many friends to join me as we chased the fires from one to another.

Now, we get to read in their own words what some of these firefighters have to say.

Thank you Glenn Usdin and Dan Potter for all the work you put in to making this book possible for us and so upcoming generations of firefighters will be able to learn what it was like to be an FDNY firefighter during those very busy FDNY War Years.

^^^^^ I also thought the picture is Mike Leamy 111 however Mike is no longer with us ......not sure how old these pictures are even though the book is new ?.........it is not either one of the two FDNY Tom Brennan's (Flatbush Tom ) & (Fire Engineering Tom).