5/2/23 Brooklyn 4th Alarm Box 3891

She would use the same excuse she used several times, she wasn’t feeling well. So she couldn’t go. The real reason is she didn’t want to get booed or get an improper hand signal. Can you imagine if the news media asked her about fire operations at the scene, she would refer it to Senior Staff She is a classless person.
Go Chiefs and win the law suit.

Last edited:
Surprisingly neither Chief Hodgens or Esposito attended with it being a fourth alarm ?

Assistant Chief Kevin Woods did the Press conference, presumably the DAC with him was the Deputy Assistant Chief of Fire Prevention. .

Last edited:
Speaking of crowd control how come so often in videos & photos those board up guys appear wandering around within the Fire Lines while the operation is ongoing ?

Surprisingly neither Chief Hodgens or Esposito attended with it being a fourth alarm ?

Assistant Chief Kevin Woods did the Press conference, presumably the DAC with him was the Deputy Assistant Chief of Fire Prevention. .
They have a staff Chief respond for Each Alarm. 3rd Alarm is the CW Staff Chief. If the CW Staff Chief is a DAC it requires the next Chief to be a AC. Esposito day off so the next AC is Woods. Chief of Dept usually responds on the 5th Alarm or he will transmit the 5th Alarm. If he is not available another AC will respond. 4H is acting Chief of Safety so he responds on all 4th Alarms on it’s own not as a command chief ad less has the CW.

Question. In video L114 bucket was operating. We’re they replaced as Fast Truck or was some other unit using the bucket and if so who makes that call. Not something that was done that I can recall, I assume another arriving unit was designated Fast Truck and 114 was put to work.

RCL

Question. In video L114 bucket was operating. We’re they replaced as Fast Truck or was some other unit using the bucket and if so who makes that call. Not something that was done that I can recall, I assume another arriving unit was designated Fast Truck and 114 was put to work.
It's very possible they were replaced as a fast truck, and was missed. I've heard it several times where the ic calls for a new truck to replace the fast truck because there a platform and to make the new fast truck a stick. Ive also seen/ heard several calls where 1 truck was called and told to operate a different unit on scene because of how the scene unfolded and how difficult it would be to swap rigs.

RCL

I didn't hear a mention about the FAST truck being replaced during the incident, could be I missed it.

Also didn't hear Car-3a responding.
Just going back thru the rundown, about 20 minutes in, 2 trucks were special called, over the 2nd, 174 acting and 109, which are both sticks. Also, 168, which was on the 2nd is a stick. Its possible 1 of those 3 units were moved to the Fast Truck, to free up 114, and it wasnt mentioned on the radio for 1 reason or another.

Just going back thru the rundown, about 20 minutes in, 2 trucks were special called, over the 2nd, 174 acting and 109, which are both sticks. Also, 168, which was on the 2nd is a stick. Its possible 1 of those 3 units were moved to the Fast Truck, to free up 114, and it wasnt mentioned on the radio for 1 reason or another.
168 and 109 went to work, im pretty sure 174 took over as FAST

Reactions: RCL