5/16/23 Brooklyn 10-75 Box 0573

HC7

Incident Location: 365 Bond Street

Phone Alarm Reporting On The Roof.

E239: Transmit The 10-75, Fire On The Roof.

BK/B32: TL105 Is Designated Your FAST Truck & Medical Branch Resources Are Responding.

CIDS: 12-Story 100x200 Class 1 Multiple Dwelling.

B32: Size Up As Per CIDS.

B32: Wooden Object On The Roof On Fire, Water On Fire. (Duration 10 Min)

Exposures:
1: Street
2: Water
3: Street
4: Street

B32: Release Squad & Any Units Not 10-84, Also Marine Units & The FAST Truck.

D11: We Had Fire On Roof, All Visible Fire Has Been Extinguished. Primary Searches Are Complete & Negative Throughout, PWH. (Duration 14 Min)

D11: No Extension, Secondary Searches Are Complete & Negative Throughout. Under Control. (Duration 18 Min)

Rundown:
E239, E279, E226, E202
TL131, L101, TL105F
B32, B31
R2
SQ1
D11
RAC2
M6, M9, MB

Relocations:
E330 act. E279
TL161 act. TL131

Last edited:
Incident Location: 365 Bond Street

Phone Alarm Reporting On The Roof.

E239: Transmit The 10-75, Fire On The Roof.

BK/B32: TL105 Is Designated Your FAST Truck & Medical Branch Resources Are Responding.

CIDS: 12-Story 100x200 Class 1 Multiple Dwelling.

B32: Size Up Is Per CIDS, Will Get Back On Exposures.

B32: Wooden Object On The Roof On Fire, Water On Fire. (Duration 10 Min)

Exposures:
1: Street
2: Water
3: Street
4: Street

B32: Release Squad & Any Units Not 10-84, Also Marine Units & The FAST Truck.

D11: We Had Fire On Roof, All Visible Fire Has Been Extinguished. Primary Searches Are Complete & Negative Throughout, PWH. (Duration 14 Min)

D11: No Extension, Secondary Searches Are Complete & Negative Throughout. Under Control. (Duration 18 Min)

Rundown:
E239, E279, E226, E202
TL131, L101, TL105F
B32, B31
R2
SQ1
D11
RAC2
M6, M9, MB

Some Relocations:
E330 Acting E279
TL161 Acting TL131

How things have changed. I remember when that area of Red Hook was not livable much less a place for luxury apartments. Looking at Google maps there is a ‘waterfront park and kayak launching’ along the Gowanus Canal! I don’t know about that😵‍💫

How things have changed. I remember when that area of Red Hook was not livable much less a place for luxury apartments. Looking at Google maps there is a ‘waterfront park and kayak launching’ along the Gowanus Canal! I don’t know about that😵‍💫
You can never underestimate where hipsters are willing to go.Kayaking in the Gowanus Canal.Crazy

My work location was on 3rd st for many years I can't believe the way they jammed these buildings in on those 2 blocks. The buildings on 1st were single story factory type buildings. The guy on the left side we all knew because we fixed his phones countless times. I can imagine what he got for that piece of land. The building stretched the length of the block.

My work location was on 3rd st for many years I can't believe the way they jammed these buildings in on those 2 blocks. The buildings on 1st were single story factory type buildings. The guy on the left side we all knew because we fixed his phones countless times. I can imagine what he got for that piece of land. The building stretched the length of the block.
There were quite a few old factories in there. Canal was a cheap means of transportation before pollution.
We (L131) responded one evening to a 4 story old factory with heavy smoke conditions. As I was settling up Tower Ladder the 3rd floor windows exploded with fire blowing out the shutters.
The BC ordered us to take the corner of the building fearing a wall collapse.
E 204 was hooked up to hydrant in front of building and couldn’t disconnect due to debris falling around him. After reassessing the situation we were able to disconnect from hydrant and in a moment of almost panic as more flaming debris came down he drove 204 away from building with Hard Suction still attached. Scary at the time but laughable now as he banged into a few cars etc. Needless to say he damaged the inlet but saved the rig.
Two alarms later two Marine units and many gallons of water we had something to talk about😛

Found this story of new luxury high rise buildings on the banks of the beautiful Gowanus Canal. Maybe it’s time to rethink opening E 204