23 MORE FIREFIGHTERS FOR NYS DEPARTMENTS - WELCOME

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member

23 new firefighters graduate from Utica Fire Academy​

• By: WKTV

639b72111d4c4.image.jpg
Photo courtesy of Utica Fire Department
UTICA, N.Y. – After 14 weeks of intensive training, 23 recruits graduated from the Utica Fire Academy on Thursday.
The new firefighters will be disbursed throughout 14 different fire districts.

Below is the list of graduates and their new departments:
Amsterdam Fire Department
  • Cassidy Schaeffer
  • Ryan Stone
Cedarville Fire Department
  • Connor Scheffler
Corinth Fire Department
  • Hayden Lindsay
Deerfield Fire Department
  • Brett Longway
Frankfort Center Fire Department
  • Michael DeFazio
  • Anthony Priore
Glens Falls Fire Department
  • Arron Barney
Ilion Fire Department

• Justin Hoffman
  • Anthony Servello
Norwich Fire Department
  • Daniel Mooney Jr.
Saratoga Springs Fire Department
  • Mikayla Tougas
Sauquoit Fire Department
  • Anthony Pezzulo
Schenectady Fire Department
  • Lisa Cusano
  • Quinn Malone
  • Kevin Talbot
Troy Fire Department
  • Keenan Cosgrove
  • Derek McMahon
  • Daniel Sullivan
Watertown Fire Department
  • Michael VanBrocklin
Utica Fire Department

• Brandon Bolmer
  • Dylan Evans
  • Joseph Zhuk
The graduation ceremony was held at the Information Technology Building at Mohawk Valley Community College in Utica.

Bulldog

Bulldog
I'm surprised to see that since New York State had a very nice Academy that many different departments from across the state send new recruit to for training. It very centrally located and probably only about 50 or 60 miles from Utica.

I'm surprised to see that since New York State had a very nice Academy that many different departments from across the state send new recruit to for training. It very centrally located and probably only about 50 or 60 miles from Utica.
There are quite a few Chiefs in northern and central NYS that are wary of the NYS fire academy at Montour Falls after the death of a recruit there. The NIOSH report was just issued and I posted it under the general discussion category for any and all to read. The Watertown Chief is still very vocal on how he perceives to be a lack of transparency etc with the criminal and administrative investigations regarding his Firefighters death at Montour Falls. Apparently there are quite a few chiefs who tend to agree with him. I am not aligning myself with any agenda here but merely sharing the mess that exists after this tragic death of the firefighter. May he continue to Rest In Peace n

Bulldog

Bulldog
I don't know the circumstances about that firefighter death during training but I do know that the instructors at the NYS Academy are very well trained and have national certifications. I'm guessing that probably isn't true for this training in Utica.