6/7/23 Staten Island Brush Box 2858

Fire Location: Platinum Ave & Richmond Hill Ave

Brookfield Park Area

Large Area of Brush with trouble accessing it

BFU is entering near the field of dreams ball park

E-167 took platinum Ave went in on the trail with the rig now getting out on foot to asses the fire

E-167,162,165,Sq8
L-87,82
B-23
BFU-4
E-159 w/ Sat. 5
D-8

B-23 we are Brookfield Park we see nothing. No fire No Smoke does anyone have eyes on it

E-167 have the units find the security guard in a white car he’ll show them where to go

E-165 we are with L-87 they got their bucket up near Cost Co and see nothing

B-23 All Hands. No rescue or squad. Only unit that can come in are an engine or battalion. Need some water resources up here

SI will send a 4th engine No fast truck. Holding off on the satellite

B-23 about 1000 yards off platinum Ave

B-23 we need 159 and the satellite. AVFKD. Still DWH

Relocations:
Engine 253 Act. Squad 8

Last edited:
Am I the only one confused why a Engine was reloacated to a SOC Firehouse or is that a usual thing for Bklyn Engines to reloacate to SQ8.

So an Engine acts as Squad on Alarms if SQ8 is out, or does SQ1 or SQ252 get assigned?
The relocated engine acts only as an engine in their first and second due response area. Another SQ would respond and be used if need be on any other run. I think part of the reason SQ8 gets an engine relocated is because they are isolated in an area far from any other companies, so an engine there for EMS purposes or anything else is needed.

a engines relocates as a engine to SQ008 due to remote location if a second alarm is transmitted a squad goes to RS5 . if a second all hands is transmitted and a squad isn't available on the Island squad 1 goes

Field of dreams ballpark is down the street from Brookfield Park. I played softball there, Brookfield Park is on Arthur Kill Rd., I run there.