Another Legend Passes

From another site

"Tom Cleary, legendary member of L-120 passed away today. He was one who the other legends considered a legend. His son continues to carry the family name, working in L-111. Our prayers are with his family at this time. Arrangements are pending."

While I don't remember meeting Tom personally his reputation around Brooklyn (and the job) was well known. Originally appointed to L-146, he transferred to L-120 and was promoted to Lieutenant in TL-124.

He was truly a "War Years Warrior".

Rest In Peace

Tom Cleary  appointed 1962 was truly a Giant among FFs but also a Gentleman & one of the best...he saw plenty of Fire duty both as a FF in LAD*120 & a LT in LAD*124 during both Cos peak years.....while covering or working PCOT in 120 i always enjoyed being in the cab w/Tom ... always focused & relaxed at all times whether going to Job or a stuck elevator...he never boasted or belittled.....i had the pleasure of getting to know his Son while he was on rotation for a year in my house he obviously inherited his interest & determination from his Dad..........at 6:14 in the Tonka Truck video is a shot of Tom ....the big guy on the right in the LTs shirt....... FDNY - "The Tonka Truck" REST IN PEACE BROTHER ...PRAYERS FOR THE COMFORT OF THE FAMILIES.