Attagirl for FDNY EMT

Doing exactly what she was trained to do:

From the FDNY Facebook page:

"New York City Fire Department (FDNY):

“I was waiting for a fitness class to start and a member of the gym came running out into the lobby asking if anyone knew CPR. I ran into the gym; I saw the patient lying on the floor surrounded by bystanders. I quickly assessed the patient and determined that they were not breathing, pulse-less and cyanotic. I immediately started CPR and had a bystander call 911 and grab the AED. I applied the AED and it indicated to shock the patient. I did and then delivered another round of CPR. The patient began breathing again, although very shallow, and the condition progressively got better. At this point the Basic Life Support and Advanced Life Support ambulances arrived and began to take over patient care,” said FDNY EMT Jennifer Pace, who helped to revive a patient who had gone into cardiac arrest this past weekend.
EMT Pace added, “Anyone who is willing and able should take a CPR class. It is so important if you witness a sudden cardiac arrest, to be in a position to help. The chances are so much higher for that person experiencing the medical emergency the sooner they get CPR. Instead of waiting those extra two or three minutes you can begin to assist immediately. It could mean saving the life of a stranger, a family member or a friend.”
Bystander CPR saves lives, and the FDNY Mobile CPR Unit can help you learn what to do in case of a cardiac emergency. To sign-up for these free hands-only CPR classes, visit fdnysmart.org/cpr/"

!.jpg

mack

Administrator
Great life-saving job by Jennifer! Her immediate off-duty actions reflect her outstanding dedication to help others, her skills and her training as a member of FDNY. It's too bad that the media and the public seem to take for granted similar life-saving actions performed by on-duty EMTs, medics and FFs every day.

And again! . . . from the FDNY Facebook page:

"I was at a restaurant in Queens. I heard someone yell for help and saw a woman slumped over in her chair unresponsive. I checked for a pulse and breathing and there was none. With the assistance of off duty NYPD Officer Francesco Sacchetti, we laid the individual on the ground. I immediately started CPR. I called for an AED. I did approximately two minutes of compressions and she began trying to breathe again. I stopped compressions and her eyes started to open. We then felt a pulse. She became more responsive. When the Paramedics, EMTs and Firefighters arrived she was alert. It turns out she was celebrating her 80th birthday with her friends. I’m glad I was able to use my training and assist her. If you witness a cardiac arrest or come across someone in cardiac arrest, you want to be in a position to help. Know what an AED sign looks like, know how to check for a pulse and breathing. It could save the life of a friend, a family member or a complete stranger," said FDNY EMT Brittney Lauriat, who helped to resuscitate a woman who experienced a sudden cardiac arrest in Queens."

3.jpg