Combination telegraph/telephone pull boxes prior to ERS?

x-Katarina_brandstation%2C_museum%2C_april_2019_03.jpgI was wondering if anyone knows if there was every any trials or similar of pull boxes with both a telegraph and telephone function prior to the ERS era?

I’ve seen a few examples of old pull boxes like this from some places in the world, and I was just curious if the FDNY ever experimented with something like it?

Included in the post is a 1950’s example from Stockholm, Sweden.

View attachment 13709I was wondering if anyone knows if there was every any trials or similar of pull boxes with both a telegraph and telephone function prior to the ERS era?

I’ve seen a few examples of old pull boxes like this from some places in the world, and I was just curious if the FDNY ever experimented with something like it?

Included in the post is a 1950’s example from Stockholm, Sweden.
Very nice pic.

All of the old mechanical boxes had a telegraph key inside the box to communicate with the C.O. I believe the boxes in the High Pressure districts had a telephone connected to the High Pressure Pumping Stations. Those boxes were marked on the back "HP TEL.".

All of the old mechanical boxes had a telegraph key inside the box to communicate with the C.O. I believe the boxes in the High Pressure districts had a telephone connected to the High Pressure Pumping Stations. Those boxes were marked on the back "HP TEL.".
Correct on both counts.