FDNY Racing

I saw a pictures of a racinf trailer, marked FDNY Racing  28, alonside of E46/L27's house.

Does FDNY have a racing team?  What do they race?  Where?

That is the NASCAR Camping World Truck series team. I ran into them at the Atlanta airport last year and spoke to one of the guys. The crew that works on the truck comprises of FDNY retirees and some guys still on the job with some guys that has never been a FDNY member. They go from from track to track racing the truck. The team owner is Jim Rosenblum. I don't think they run a full schedule, Maybe 2 or 3 races a year

HAZ-MAT1 said:
That is the NASCAR Camping World Truck series team. I ran into them at the Atlanta airport last year and spoke to one of the guys. The crew that works on the truck comprises of FDNY retirees and some guys still on the job with some guys that has never been a FDNY member. They go from from track to track racing the truck. The team owner is Jim Rosenblum. I don't think they run a full schedule, Maybe 2 or 3 races a year

Thanks for the info.  Do you know what kind of truck it is?

It is a chevy as of 09 but not sure what it will be for the 10 season. They usually race it in Daytona in February's race so you can check it out then.