FDNY, Son ?too fat? for FDNY on quest to lose weight and honor father

BCR

Body mass index is not a good judge of physical ability, i think it's pretty clear that this kid is capable of doing the job and deserves a shot. with some of the passes unqualified  people have been getting lately (5 try's to pass the running test comes to mind) it completely baffles me that they are giving this kid a hard time.

I know the family personally an know him personally. The kid is strong as an ox and built like a brick shit house.  He lost a lot of weight and is solid body mass index is stupid scale that doesn't fit everyone  I almost had a problem also. What the bmi had for my height I wouldve looked like I was sick. 

THIS IS ULTIMATE BS....ANYBODY SIDING W/THIS DECISION IS IN SOME KIND OF LA LA LAND .....NO HEIGHT REQUIREMENT LEFT AMONG OTHER LOWERING OF STANDARDS LIKE  PHYSICAL TESTS IN PROBY SCHOOL  ETC ...ETC...HIRE THEM BECAUSE OF THIS OR THAT BUT SINGLE OUT A CANDIDATE IN BETTER SHAPE THAN THE OTHERS ?

This is the same administration that just wrote such a glowing report on the excellence of training for the probies and how great they all are. I can give you the names of a few Captains that would dispute that article as they are the members stuck with some of these  probies for another 19 and a half years.