International Fire Photographers Association

Gentlemen, Good Afternoon. I hope all is well with you and your families. I am not sure if some of you are aware of a group called the International Fire Photographers Association (IFPA). The IFPA is currently revamping and expanding our horizons and are recruiting. Membership will be $10 for the remainder of the year and $20.00 thereafter if you chose to renew your membership. Membership benefits include an online magazine, photo contests, an online profile page and much more. We are also in the process of gathering information and allowing our members to obtain insurance policy for their camera equipment. That all needs to be worked out still. The site also includes a forum for members.

I know that on NYCFIRE.NET, there are many members that aren't from the NYC area. Each part of the country has been broken down into groups.

Paul Bassett and myself are regional directors for the Tri-State area. I have been assigned as the Director of the NYC Chapter. I would like to increase the membership for our region. There aren't many of us to represent in the IFPA and I know you guys are out there. Within time, group activities would include a dinner and photo night.

The IFPA also has an online store with merchandise featuring the IFPA logos including badges, shirts, hats and mugs as well as 45th Anniversary gear. The group has expanded in membership and popularity over the years with countries including Germany, Australia and Canada. Fire Photography has gone beyond a hobby but a learning tool for the fire department as well as many of our photos and videos are used in training magazines and videos. I know each and every one of you have a talent and we would like for you to bring it to the IFPA table.

The IFPA web address is: http://ifpaweb.ning.com

Any questions, Please feel free to email me at da1075@aol.com

Stay Safe and Be Well
Dan Alfonso

Great organization! I am a member and the Virginia State IFPA Coordinator. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask, and I will do my best to answer them or find the answer.

Josh Tomon
Virginia Beach VA