MRT and DC 4

Heard on EMS Citywide that "The MRT" was responding to the Queens Collapse and Explosion. Is that the Mobile Resporatory Theraphy Unit. I"ve also heard that unit referred to as "The Boat". Is that correct ?
  Also, I"ve heard Car DC 4 responding. Is that Deputy Chief 4 ??? One more thing, any truth to doubling the Rescue Medic Units from 5 to 10 ???  Thank you.

yeah the mrtu or mobile respratory unit gets assigned on 2nd alarms or higher, i though i had heard somewhere ems got federal funding for more haztac and rescue medic units.

HCO

Rescue training is planned for five ALS Haz-Tac units:  12Z, 18Z, 39Z, 48Z, 54Z.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
DC4 would be the EMS Division 4 Captain.  The Lt's are called Conditions.

Thank you all. Thats the info I was looking for. Just to clairfy, Condition Cars are Lts and DCs are Division Capts.  ???

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
No clue why they called the EMS Lt's Conditions. 

M

mmattyphoto

if not mistaken the  reason for the conditions car was because it was setup like nypd.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
I tried looking up NYPD's use of the term Conditions but didn't have any luck.

Matty is so correct on EMS (HHC) copying things from NYPD. Just look at the older badges.

NYPD Conditions Autos deal with quality of life crimes within their respective precincts. Some examples of these conditions could be everything from loud music to drinking on the beach after dark. For most of these crimes, they will usually issue a "C" summons.

I don't believe that EMS conditions has anything to do with what the NYPD conditions does.

Hope this helps..