Mysterious Explosion

There were many, many reports about a mysterious explosion that occurred somewhere near the Tioga Center, Pennsylvania region.  Emergency units were sent out to look around the area but nothing was found.  Apparently the explosion shook houses in the area.  Unknown at this time what it might be.  Was curious if anyone on the forum has heard anything about this...

http://www.wbng.com/story/34159618/tioga-county-sheriffs-receive-reports-of-a-possible-explosion

Bulldog

Bulldog
I'm trying to figure how this ended up being considered a Pennsylvania issue. Tioga Center is over 5 miles from the border of Pennsylvania and all of the incident reports were reported by the Tioga County Sheriff's Department which is a New York agency.

Bulldog said:
I'm trying to figure how this ended up being considered a Pennsylvania issue. Tioga Center is over 5 miles from the border of Pennsylvania and all of the incident reports were reported by the Tioga County Sheriff's Department which is a New York agency.

The news agencies said that, too.  Many of the reports of the loud "explosion" came from areas in Pennsylvania as well.  But you are correct, Bulldog - Tioga Center is in New York.  My guess is that the confusion occurred because both states have a Tioga County.