OOS High Pressure Engines

If a HP engine goes OOS are there any spare HPs? Obviosuly many of the previous HPs were lost on 9/11 but not all, any of the old ones hanging around? Does the run card change at all if a HP is OOS?

BCR

I think there are a fee spares now, I think some of the hp company's have already gotten there new rigs before the new rigs I think there were a couple but regular pumpers had to be used sometimes.

As mentioned on the the forum elsewhere, E65 has got their new rig, and E8 was one of the first HP engines to get marauder IIs, so thats two HP spares to go around.

Not sure if any other HP engines have newer rigs.

JT

I thought E-8's former rig wasn't HP.

I've seen video of Engines 10, 34, & 65 in their new apparatus. So that is 3 spares.  Plus as far as I know, they still have the 1993 HP's that were assigned to Engines 54 & 258 and the 1994 HP assigned to Engine 26.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Prior to the new rigs they hadn't been using any HP spares. Last spare I saw was the 94 ten they just started to use non HP rigs for spares

They also have other surrounding units trained to pump HP.  They don't have the 3rd stage of the HP pumpers but they can use the current engines to get the higher pressures.  They also have the hose and fittings associated with HP pumping.