Queens Supervising Dispatcher Eddie Overton II "Eddie O" RIP

It is with great sadness that I see Retired Queens Supervising Dispatcher #30 Eddie Overton II "Eddie O" has passed away suddenly as reported by his son Current Queens Supervising Dispatcher #68 Eddie Overton III

It's especially sad for me that he has passed today. As I wrote earlier this week on another Thread it's 8yrs this wk that I met up with a couple of site members and got to experience the FDNY for real

Well it was today 8 yrs ago I was in 3 Truck in Manhattan visiting when a knock came to the bay door. It was "Eddie O". Like me he wanted to see Paddy Browns House. We both chatted with Mike Moran when a 2nd alarm came in for Chinatown.

"Eddie O" grabbed me (having never met me and only speaking with him for 5mins) and said we're going to that fire. Off we ran to the Subway headed downtown he with his scanner in hand. It was only as a cop yelled at us for going under police tape at the scene that I realised he was the Queens Supv dispatcher.

He brought me front and centre to the command post and explained everything to me. He also introduced me to Rescue BC Donald Hayde who had just exited the building.

He had to leave for work not long after but gave me his cell number and said anything I needed when in the city to ring him

Always forever grateful to him for bringing me to my first FDNY fire and his generosity.

My thoughts are with Eddie O, his family and friends at this time

May he RIP
Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1611710534763.jpg
    FB_IMG_1611710534763.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 40
  • FB_IMG_1611683053454.jpg
    FB_IMG_1611683053454.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 39
  • FB_IMG_1611683066546.jpg
    FB_IMG_1611683066546.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Wow I am just shocked. I worked with him and his son for a couple years when I worked for FDNY Comm. He was an amazing person and will be miss. RIP Eddie "O"
RIP Eddie "O" and condolences to his family.