RET EMS PARAMEDIC PAUL DANIELS...STA.16...WTC RELATED.

Paul was a great guy, A soft spoken gentleman who was a little older than me when we worked together in The Bronx which was good because the age difference sort of balanced us out as partners. Paul had life experience that I didn't and I had lot's of Bronx experience that he didn't have. One memorable night in January of 1990 Paul and I were in the lower Jacobi area (currently the Battalion 3) and our unit was assigned to respond as part of a mutual aide request into Cove Neck in Nassau County for the Avianca flight 52 crash. Neither of us had any idea where Cove Neck was and subsequently ended up in a convoy of NYC EMS assets traveling from Fort Totten to the Oyster Bay Firehouse staging area. Paul and I spent the entire night into the next morning on the hill side next to the crash site. Neither of us having ever seen a commercial airliner broken up on the ground and all of the other things that go along with such events stood by in amazement when the sun came up. Over the years Paul and I crossed paths at different assignments or at training and it was always good to see him. I know I will miss him... Rest in peace my friend.