Subway response question

When FDNY responds to incidents on the subway does the Battalion chief request a "secondary hold" on the power? I know that in Chicago when CFD responds to incidents on the L the BC requests a secondary hold. Thanks.

Bulldog

Bulldog
This is probably a silly question to those of you who live in cities with subways but for those of us who don't have them, what is a secondary hold?

FDNY Response Videos

FDNY Response Videos
Never heard of this term before. I know that for most, if not all, man under runs The chief requests power off. Once the power is off the dispatcher announces which tracks are powered off and from what street to what street. Also requests power off for track fires And for the occasional subway car fire.

Ok so in Chicago with the L system, a secondary hold is when CPD or CFD requests an additional hold on the power. This is to make sure that power is not restored unliterally, once CPD or CFD personal are clear then the secondary hold is released and power can be restored. A similar procedure exists in the suburbs that the L runs through. Also at the CTA control center there is someone who's sole job is handling the system wide power grid, this is known as "power control." I would imagine has something similar? Do NYPD and FDNY have something similar to what I mentioned above?