Euclid, OH 5/11/24

Euclid Police Department first year officer Jacob Derbin was shot and killed Saturday evening.

Statement from the Mayor of Euclid:
On Saturday, May 11th at 9:56pm, Euclid Police Officers were dispatched to a residence in the 300 block of East 211th Street for a disturbance. While police were investigating, a gunman ambushed an Officer, striking him with gunfire. The Officer was transported to an area hospital but did not survive his injuries. Multiple law enforcement agencies are currently assisting the Euclid Police Department in locating the suspect or suspects responsible for his death. In the wake of the tragic loss of our dedicated officer, we find ourselves grappling with a profound sense of sorrow and disbelief. This moment calls for us, as a community, to come together in solidarity and support, not only to honor a hero who selflessly served and protected us but also to offer strength to one another in this time of grief. Let us unite in remembrance and gratitude for the sacrifice made, and pledge to uphold the values of compassion, resilience, and community spirit that this devastating loss so poignantly reminds us of. Further details will be released in an appropriate manner. Anyone with information is asked to call the Euclid Police Department or the U.S. Marshals Service. Please keep our officers and our community in your prayers.

Suspect has been found and is dead after taking his own life during a standoff.

The suspect before taking his own life also shot a Columbus, OH Officer, Officer was shot in the vest and will survive.

The suspect before taking his own life also shot a Columbus, OH Officer, Officer was shot in the vest and will survive.
Do you have any news coverage confirming that? He was found roughly 10 miles from where the shooting happened. Columbus is 150+ miles away. This also happened pretty local to me, as in I have friends on the PD in the city that the standoff was in, and I've not seen anything about another cop being struck.

Do you have any news coverage confirming that? He was found roughly 10 miles from where the shooting happened. Columbus is 150+ miles away. This also happened pretty local to me, as in I have friends on the PD in the city that the standoff was in, and I've not seen anything about another cop being struck.
My bad, mixed up Ohio with Arizona. Incidents aren't related.