2019 FDNY Ferrara Rescue Models being released

Amazing how this company is able to crank out replicas; but Code 3 went out of business making the same models AT THE SAME SCALE
Have to wonder why these replicas are TWICE the price of the Code 3 models..........OH wait, theire only making a limited number of each to keep the price high.

Amazing how this company is able to crank out replicas; but Code 3 went out of business making the same models AT THE SAME SCALE
Have to wonder why these replicas are TWICE the price of the Code 3 models..........OH wait, theire only making a limited number of each to keep the price high.
Code 3 was 1/64
Fire Replicas are 1/50

They're all made in China Sadly too. What a shame. If your gonna make American Firetrucks, built in America so should the replicas.

The Code Threes were 1/64th Scale and these Fire Replicas are 1/50th scale. The 1/50th scale as you can see in the attached R3 comparisons are much bigger and much more detailed. Thus more parts, more assembly time and more cost. image2.jpegimage1.jpegimage0.jpeg

FDNY Response Videos

FDNY Response Videos
Although there definitely is a notable increase in build quality, that comparison with the two R3 models isn’t the best. The later released replicas from CODE3 had lots of detail (see below for some examples).

And what’s more — they had moving parts: wheels turned, ladders could be extended & in their models of the Seagrave marauder II’s they could even tilt their cab foward.

IMG_1282.jpegIMG_1281.jpeg

IMG_1283.jpeg

Agreed. I think we all agree that the absence of code three models from the market left a big void. Not only were they less costly, but their smaller size enhanced multiple units to be displayed in a limited space (shelves). They also made great gifts. I gave a few of them to friends who were not collectors but worked in a company for which code three had created a model. Especially those that had retired - they cherished that gift. Stay safe

I don't have either Code3 or Fire Replicas but personaly I like that Code3 had more department options and it had Firehouse models. But if you want a better designed model and don't want the Firehouse model (please tell me why you wouldn't want the Firehouse), I would go with Fire Replicas.

I don't have either Code3 or Fire Replicas but personaly I like that Code3 had more department options and it had Firehouse models. But if you want a better designed model and don't want the Firehouse model (please tell me why you wouldn't want the Firehouse), I would go with Fire Replicas.
Very true on the code 3 points

Towards the end of their run Code3 was turning out some very detailed models for their size. My brother had quite a collection at one time, he's been selling them off recently. I still have the Super Pumper set, they sit alongside my Revell Fire Fighter model. Thats in 1/87 but the scale difference isn't terribly noticeable.