New Seagraves

They should. If they don't that's just crazy.
hose is replaced on a separate schedule . hose is stamped with a date on it . hose older then 10 years or hose that is damaged is to be taken out of service and replaced . so most hose isn't on the same schedule as the rigs

RCL

HC7

Stumbled across a video of Eng 161 responding to a call from qtrs. Noticed something I haven't seen on any other engines since the 90s when I was in WHB. Did FDNY start putting hose reels over the pump panels on certain engines like 161? Or is it something the company did themselves? Looks like a pretty big reel with light weight forestry hose on it.

161 Had In On Their Previous Seagrave Too, Pretty Sure The Company Does It Themselves..

RCL

161 Had In On Their Previous Seagrave Too, Pretty Sure The Company Does It Themselves..
Thanks. Personally having certain engines that normally respond to brush fires quite often probably should have 1. Ive dragged normal attack line thru brush, and forestry hose. Ill take the forestry hose any day for brush fires. I saw on FDNYtrucks page their 2010 had 1 in 2 different spots. 1 horizontally behind the cab, and the other was sideways over the pump panel. Probably moved it for connivence at some point. I just never noticed any other engines with one. It makes perfect sense and the same reason we had 1 over ours. And had it on an electric reel on our little rescue truck. Except ours had 1000 feet of garden hose on it that worked pretty well on the average brush fires. 331 made fun of us the first time they saw it. (in good fun)Until they were dragging a couple hundred feet of hose thru the brush and we walked past them putting out fire they were trying to get to. Then pushed a button to pick it up. After that it was wheres WHB?

E162 used to have it on their rig too, not sure about currently. Like you mentioned, it’s because they’re first due to a lot of brush fires in the park. Similar to 161.

Reactions: RCL

RCL

You got me thinking, so I went back and looked at FDNYtrucks site. Id say probably 50 to 60 percent of the engines in SI have or had a reel on their rig. Some are still in 15ish Ferraras, have them, and some are probably either being replaced or have been replaced like the 2010 Seagraves. 151 and 161 in a 2020 Seagrave, and have 1, but 154, also in a 2020, doesnt. So, it maybe like someone said, specific to their response area.

You got me thinking, so I went back and looked at FDNYtrucks site. Id say probably 50 to 60 percent of the engines in SI have or had a reel on their rig. Some are still in 15ish Ferraras, have them, and some are probably either being replaced or have been replaced like the 2010 Seagraves. 151 and 161 in a 2020 Seagrave, and have 1, but 154, also in a 2020, doesnt. So, it maybe like someone said, specific to their response area.
Think you mean E154 in a 2010. And surprising that they wouldn’t have one, being nicknamed “Splendor in the grass” when they were still an active company. First due to (and surrounded by) brush and marshlands.

Reactions: RCL

RCL

Think you mean E154 in a 2010. And surprising that they wouldn’t have one, being nicknamed “Splendor in the grass” when they were still an active company. First due to (and surrounded by) brush and marshlands.
Yep sorry. Probably fat fingered it. Another surprise is they went back to 500 gallon tanks from the 750s they used to have. I think that was at least 2 generations of rigs ago though.