Covid Vaccine mandate

It wasn't too long ago that FDNY Fire & EMS were being praised for their courageous work during the very dark days of the pandemic. Shift, after shift, after shift of seeing so much death and suffering - all while risking their life and possibly the life of loves ones. And a lot from the ranks of police, fire and EMS got infected and suffered and some died. Now the politicians want to make the Members out to be the bad guys!

God forbid they should want to have control over their body and not want to be vaccinated!! FORCING members to get the jab or loose their job? This mandate is crazy 🤪. It's not fair to the employees and it's putting the public's safety at risk.

Imagine how much response times to fires will increase. And, the EMS call backlog/wait time will be through the roof!

Stop letting BIG government liberals run America's cities! They are killing our cities!!

What % of members are vaccinated does anyone know?
NY Post says 65% of FDNY firefighters, officers and EMS have been vaccinated.
But, WPIX channel 11 says 59% of FDNY and 69% of NYPD have been vaccinated. So who knows!

I'd be willing to bet some have been vaccinated, but didn't tell the job because it's none of their business!

It wasn't too long ago that FDNY Fire & EMS were being praised for their courageous work during the very dark days of the pandemic. Shift, after shift, after shift of seeing so much death and suffering - all while risking their life and possibly the life of loves ones. And a lot from the ranks of police, fire and EMS got infected and suffered and some died. Now the politicians want to make the Members out to be the bad guys!

God forbid they should want to have control over their body and not want to be vaccinated!! FORCING members to get the jab or loose their job? This mandate is crazy 🤪. It's not fair to the employees and it's putting the public's safety at risk.

Imagine how much response times to fires will increase. And, the EMS call backlog/wait time will be through the roof!

Stop letting BIG government liberals run America's cities! They are killing our cities!!
The current administration is out of control flying high for a power grab !!!! We cannot give in!!!!

There has been an update guys. The total FDNY firefighting force is 65% for members that received the covid vaccine shots, and the city plans to close as many as 20 fire companies starting Monday.

The City will use any excuse to close down companies, whether it be vaccinations, budget cuts or anything else they can think of. They can care less about City workers or citizens. It's all about $$$$ and what they can shove in their pockets while shoving it....well, you know.

The City will use any excuse to close down companies, whether it be vaccinations, budget cuts or anything else they can think of. They can care less about City workers or citizens. It's all about $$$$ and what they can shove in their pockets while shoving it....well, you know.
Won't be the first time.

There has been an update guys. The total FDNY firefighting force is 65% for members that received the covid vaccine shots, and the city plans to close as many as 20 fire companies starting Monday.
The number has gone up to 68%. The mayor says that the work force has until Sunday to get the first shot. After that, the members will go on unpaid leave. He should have spoke to the unions first before making a mandate.

That POS gave us 9 days. 9 days to square your life away with zero explanation or reasoning. A Complete slap in the face to people who worked double time throughout the entire “pandemic” FDNY brass have given zero support to the members. Moral is at an all time low. People will die because of this. The blood will be on Deblasio’s and Nigro’s hands.

Support and respect is all we ever ask for. We have received neither from FDNY brass or City Hall.
That is F&#@ Up! I feel for you members on the job. I worked as a bus operator for the MTA, and I did not get respect from anybody. To the MTA, I was just a number. And to the public, I was just a man that was overpaid for doing my job. And City Hall could not care if I lived or drop dead.

The best thing that the members of the FDNY can do is to put pressure on the mayor by telling the public what that AH mayor is doing by putting the public in harms way buy closing down fire companies in their area. Make you problem the public's problem, and let the people of the City of New York put pressure on the city Government get into the the mayor's ass. As I remember, It did happen years ago with Engine 212.