WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE.

Just as the typewriter ruined cursive handwriting, the internet ruined people's fund of knowledge.
All information is suspect. Maybe all you can do is read a variety of news sources.
Look at the New York Times, but read the Washington Times.

There are a lot of studies that show the most powerful way to teach children and stimulate their curiosity is to read to them. Reading, other than on your smart phone, is becoming a lost art.

Just as the typewriter ruined cursive handwriting, the internet ruined people's fund of knowledge.
All information is suspect. Maybe all you can do is read a variety of news sources.
Look at the New York Times, but read the Washington Times.

There are a lot of studies that show the most powerful way to teach children and stimulate their curiosity is to read to them. Reading, other than on your smart phone, is becoming a lost art.
OK I will admit I have used that site to get the fire house locations and battalion listings for FDNY, Chicago, LA city and county, as well as the Boston listing. But I also use that site when I am reading historical books, mainly battles and campaigns. Right now I am reading a book on the USAAF campaign against oil, synthetic products in WWII. But I use the article to confirm the information in the book. And every now and then they do not agree. You said the internet ruined searches for knowledge but I see it differently. How many HR's did Aaron hit his last year, what are the nearest stars, If you have a question and want the knowledge the info is a key stroke away, but you have to want it!

"The more you know, the more you know."

The internet is great for searching, it is of little help with your fund of knowledge.

You don't want to be known as the guy who doesn't know "Shyte"; Particularly when you're in charge.

By the way, on 22 June 44, Jimmy Doolittle had my father's bomb group (385th) do the beautiful summer afternoon sightseeing tour of Paris before they got to drop their ordnance on that Standard Oil refinery on the River Seine west of town.

"The more you know, the more you know."

The internet is great for searching, it is of little help with your fund of knowledge.

You don't want to be known as the guy who doesn't know "Shyte"; Particularly when you're in charge.

By the way, on 22 June 44, Jimmy Doolittle had my father's bomb group (385th) do the beautiful summer afternoon sightseeing tour of Paris before they got to drop their ordnance on that Standard Oil refinery on the River Seine west of town.
Wonder if that was the Gennevilliers Standard Oil Plant?

mack

Administrator
I am going to Google what I should be thinking about regarding the impact of widespread reliance on Wikipedia. I hope I will find a Wikipedia article that tells me if Wikipedia is a problem.

I am going to Google what I should be thinking about regarding the impact of widespread reliance on Wikipedia. I hope I will find a Wikipedia article that tells me if Wikipedia is a problem.
How are you going to know if the answer you seek has no bias?

Remember, Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.

If you don't like a particular Wikipedia article, just change it! ANYBODY can. Don't believe me? Try it!

mack

Administrator
How are you going to know if the answer you seek has no bias?

Remember, Never ask a barber if you need a haircut.

My response was tongue-in-cheek. I meant that some people use Wikipedia as their sole source of information all the time.

st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg