Los Angeles,CA Two Wooden Pallet Yards Catch Fire 11/11/2023

Bulldog

Bulldog
Sounds kind of like what happened in Pennsylvania a few months ago although by looking at the pictures at least as a bridge didn't collapse.

LAFD has a robot (CALTRANS photo)! Looks like they could use it as a snow plow, too (if it ever snowed enough in LA to need one).

3.png

I know this is a dumb question by when will Cities stop using the underpasses of highways for commercial uses. These highways are too important to be exposed for $$.
We've went from "Global Warming" to "Global Boiling" so who knows. LA could be getting blizzards in the future

Looks like LAFD E17 got caught and pretty badly cooked fighting the blaze. Glad there weren't any injuries to the members.

1699979079266.png

Sounds like its being investigated as an arson case now, I hope they find the perp before the rest of LA does, the traffic jams from this blaze are going to be an absolute nightmare for months.

Looks like LAFD E17 got caught and pretty badly cooked fighting the blaze. Glad there weren't any injuries to the members.

View attachment 40907

Sounds like its being investigated as an arson case now, I hope they find the perp before the rest of LA does, the traffic jams from this blaze are going to be an absolute nightmare for months.
CalTrans probably gonna copy PennDot using the same way they fixed 95.

I know this is a dumb question by when will Cities stop using the underpasses of highways for commercial uses. These highways are too important to be exposed for $$.
Just curious, I am not an traffic engineer but what is your solution? What will you do to accomodate the flow of traffic that now uses that underpass? This appears to be arson, wasn't the Philly one a tanker incident. And I believe an incident in Atlanta involved a homeless site ,much like this one.

Just curious, I am not an traffic engineer but what is your solution? What will you do to accomodate the flow of traffic that now uses that underpass? This appears to be arson, wasn't the Philly one a tanker incident. And I believe an incident in Atlanta involved a homeless site ,much like this one.
Roads and the development of them is a time consuming event. Regarding the storage aspect that underpasses present, the only solution I can see is a dry pipe sprinkler system.Most are arson with the exception of the Philly event.

Quick answer- stop using the area under the Highways for ‘storage’ of Flammable materials.

Irvington NJ has alot of overpasses, not really under passes. If theres something under them, its a HWY. But yeah Philly was a Tanker Accident.

Here's real-time audio from the fire (as well as other LAFD dispatch audio). I'm unable to determine when or if the initial dispatch (E17 for a rubbish fire) comes over this, but Engine 17 arrives on scene shortly after the 2:04:00 mark, so start there.