1/14/24 Brooklyn 2nd Alarm Box 1290

I personally do not understand how anybody can argue for anything other than "the closest unit to the call gets the run". Yes, I'm sure it sucks if you're in quarters and a multiple alarm goes out near you and you miss out while a relocator gets the job, but if they're closer, they're closer. Arguing against this amounts to arguing for longer response times... hard to justify
Ill argue it. The clock is stopped by units already on scene operating. Lets use Canarsie for example. Units on scene operating and extra 1&1 is requested and the two relocators into the fire to do more overhaul. Now before more relocators can even be moved, a phone alarm for fire in the Bayview Houses comes in. Now its going to be extra longer for the clock to be stopped for a fire there. Possibly a response time of over 10mins for a company to get in.
My personal feeling it should be up to dispatcher discretion. Depending on what is going on with the fire, location of the area, etc so fire coverage is still maintained.

Ill argue it. The clock is stopped by units already on scene operating. Lets use Canarsie for example. Units on scene operating and extra 1&1 is requested and the two relocators into the fire to do more overhaul. Now before more relocators can even be moved, a phone alarm for fire in the Bayview Houses comes in. Now its going to be extra longer for the clock to be stopped for a fire there. Possibly a response time of over 10mins for a company to get in.
My personal feeling it should be up to dispatcher discretion. Depending on what is going on with the fire, location of the area, etc so fire coverage is still maintained.
Thanks, appreciate your insight

Appreciate the insight. Thank you

Going back a number of comments, I opined why L105 was s/c before L114, as 114 at least a 1/4 mile closer & more direct to box? 114 went on the 2nd alarm.
One reponse was that 114 assigned on 2nd. True, but if 114 is 1st due on a 2nd on the alarm assignment card, if still used, they would of been the FAST truck, ahead of 105. Any active dispatchers on here to update/clarity for me? Thanks.

Going back a number of comments, I opined why L105 was s/c before L114, as 114 at least a 1/4 mile closer & more direct to box? 114 went on the 2nd alarm.
One reponse was that 114 assigned on 2nd. True, but if 114 is 1st due on a 2nd on the alarm assignment card, if still used, they would have been the FAST truck, ahead of 105. Any active dispatchers on here to update/clarity for me? Thanks.
I believe Grogan clarified earlier that 105 was 10-8 and in the area putting them ahead of 114 due to the relocation

I believe Grogan clarified earlier that 105 was 10-8 and in the area putting them ahead of 114 due to the relocation
According to rundown 105 s/c & 111 relocating to 131.
Another post was a 2&2 in 219’s area, which is 105’s.
Have to see request/assigned times for 105 s/c & their location & 111’s assignment time & location.

According to rundown 105 s/c & 111 relocating to 131.
Another post was a 2&2 in 219’s area, which is 105’s.
Have to see request/assigned times for 105 s/c & their location & 111’s assignment time & location.
How about GPS on Rigs. Would solve "We are in the area". Although, there will always be Favorites.