East Haven, Ct Fuel Tank Farm Fire 2/7/24

Hydrant issue in the area

Was hard to listen at work once R Kline turned it down

East Haven Units
Sq1 E4? T3 R1 C4 C1 C2 (forgot JM’s car number)
Did E5 E6 R2 or R4 get assigned/out the door?

Branford
E1 M1
E9A for cover
(Not sure if any cars went)

New Haven
E5 E4 E17 Soc w/ Foam Trailer C33 C32 C36 C81 C83.

*E4 was s/c for relay pumping

*C44 OOS since the last time they used it years ago

Guilford Foam Trailer

DEEP out of Wallingford with a Foam Trailer

IMG_2598.jpegIMG_2597.jpeg

How dare he touch the radio

Not sure what East Haven units there I was sleeping. JM Car 6, not sure if Sq5 was there or off duty on a medical.

Branford E-1 and Medic 1 were cancelled quickly. E9A went for station coverage at East Haven HQ after no response from E2.

From what I remember been awhile since I been back there should be a hydrant by the front gate and the next closest would be somewhere on the service road behind CarMax or somewhere on Frontage Rd that would be a long lay.

Bulldog

Bulldog
I can't believe a terminal was that much flammable liquids would only have one hydrant!

I can't believe a terminal was that much flammable liquids would only have one hydrant!

There are several hydrants in the complex. From what I was told they are all private hydrants that the business owns and the business had them all turned off which made them not working. They dumped a lot of hose to get to where the fire was.

Something is not working with the authority having jurisdiction if they were able to get away with that or it was missed during the most recent inspection.