NYC fire photographers

Good afternoon, I would imagine that in the New York area there are fire photographers similar to Tim Olk, Larry Shapiro, and Steve Reddick? If so who are the best and do they have web sites? Thanks.

A big FDNY photographer is Joe Pinto - but no website. He writes two columns in FIre Apparatus Journal with pictures.

The Editor and owner of Fire Apparatus Journal is retired Battallion Chief John Calderone. He has been photographing FDNY forever, and written several books. Get a copy of the Journal and you will find others in it.

As a Fire Marshal, whenever we had 10-45's or unusual circumstances surrounding the fire we would call to have the Photographer come and document the scene. We would direct him in the areas we would want documented in case of a court case regarding the fire. I had a fire with 5 separate fires but 1 of them as the point of origin to the main body of fire. The other fires were in different rooms and were no way a result of the main fire. I called for the photographer to document all the separate fires and arrested the tenant as a result.

And to take a trip down "memory lane" to the roaring '60s:

Al Aaronson of the Daily News
Sheldon Levy, also a FAD
John Deventhal

I try and shoot as much as I can when I'm down there.

I know you were asking about fireground photog's. But Mike has alot of his photo's of FDNY rigs posted here:

As a Brooklyn FF in Brownsville during the war years all we heard about was the Bronx. Company's in Bklyn were doing their fair share of the running and fire duty. The problem was Brownsville and East New York was too far away from the media's office. Who would want to travel that far from Manhattan to the east end of Brooklyn. The Bronx was right next door to the media. So Bklyn got their ass kicked and Bronx got all the attention. So fed up with that I hooked up with Harvey Eisner to write what was going in Bklyn.. I invited him to a Tin House breakfast, He attended, and together we were going to let the world know that Bklyn was also doing a lot of fire duty to survive those busy war years. Unfortunately, two months later Harvey passed away and all was put to bed.
I was on a cruise ship quite a few years ago and ran into a FF from the Bronx and he said he knew that Bklyn was also very busy, so now I knew some people were aware of Bklyn's activity.