NY airport emergencies

Sequence is supposed to be:
B51 (JFK) - 4-3-6
B49 (LGA) - 4-1-6

However, Sattelite Sequence seems to be:
LGA - 4-2-1
JFK - 4-6-2

Granted this may before they recalculated the response areas gotta redo all my stuff soon..

What is the relationship between the Port Authority and FDNY at the airports? Finally does the Port Authority automatically notify FDNY for an aircraft in distress standby? As I've mentioned with CFD a standby alert is an automatic still and box and EMS plan I.

Depends on the emergency. There are 5 alert levels the tower can activate .
Level 1 is aircraft is reporting a technical issue and doesn't require emergency services and is just a notification
Level 2 is aircraft is reporting a technical issue and is requesting emergency services crash trucks respond and fdny may be requested
Level 3 is a actual or impending aircraft accident PAPD and FDNY respond
Level 4 is possible or confirmed bomb threat
Level 5 is a possible or confirmed aircraft hijack
A crash box is used for a level 3 it can be used for a level 4 or 5 sometimes even a level 2 . Upon the receipt of a level 1 the queens Co sends a teleprinter message to E398 SQ270 Bc51 Dc13 for jfk incidents and E316 E324 BC49 Dc14 for LaGuardia incidents those units monitor PAPD frequency

Last edited:
JFK Crash Truck and at the time Crash Truck from Floyd Bennett Filed responded to an 8th Alarm Tank Farm Fire in Mill basin Brooklyn. At the time the Brooklyn Navy Yard was still open and I remember grey U.S. Navy Flatbed trucks responding from the Navy Yard with can of Protein Foam.
I buffed that fire via my Bicycle. I was 16 or 17 years old at the time. It got so bad buffs started helping move handlines and can of foam. Some Photos below:FDNY 8th Alarm Mill Basin Strickland & Bassett St. Bklyn.View across Bay 4 .jpgFDNY 8th Alarm Mill Basin Strickland & Bassett St. Bklyn Marine Cos .jpgFDNY 8th Alarm M-8 at Mill Basin Bklyn Oil Yard.jpgFDNY 8th Alarm Mill Basin Strickland & Bassett St. Bklyn.View across Bay jpg.jpgCaptain Bob Rainey FDNY Engine 26 retired