1 3/4 " Hose Jacket ?????

A question for the BROTHERS in the Fire Service more distant from N.Y. ....has anybody heard of a hose jacket designed specifically for 1 3/4 " size hose ? ...this has been kicked around in the past here with no luck .....it is now back on the table.... but once again no suitable manufacturer can be found .....there is one that makes a leather collar with straps & buckles but the intent is to find one that closes w/a snapping action like the 2 1/2 one does......stuffing a sweatshirt into a 2 1/2 one is hit and miss......any help out there ? 

Chief, never heard of nor seen one. We carry extra rolls just for replacement on the scene. Hence why we always pull a backup line. Not sure how a hose jacket would function on an active advancing line. Just a thought from the south!

Elkhart Brass no longer lists hose jackets, seems Wooster Brass was merged into Akron. Akron does list  in 2 1/2" size and larger.  It might be worth a call to them at 800-228-1161

CFD.....hose is available for replacement ...but this involves shutting down the line......the hose jacket can be rapidly applied this allows the line to continue to operate.....if the line is still advancing ....a FF assigned to monitor & move that particular length would prevent it from getting snagged or the jacket opening.......it is surprising that no manufacturer can come up with something suitable.....i am sure it would definitly be a big seller (over 300 plus in NYC alone)....the current 1 3/4 " hose in NYC is much more susceptibile to penetration ...especially in the area of a Fire bldg where glass from Energy Efficient Windows or Plate Glass  are being broken.

Sounds to me like you have found a way to supplement the pension Chief! I do not disagree with anything that you have stated. It has just been my experience that we have always had a backup line available in case we had a failure. Our biggest problem has been nozzle failure over hose failure.