10-84 TIMES.

http://nypost.com/2015/10/04/it-takes-more-than-14-minutes-to-get-an-ambulance-in-the-bronx/

Add all the more buses that you want. When people stop using the ambulances as a taxi for b.s. ailments, backing up the E.D.'s so the buses can't get back out quickly then maybe times will improve. Cases in point, "My back hurts", "When did this start?" "Oh, about three weeks ago."  Second one....."I've had a toothache for four days now....." The sad part is that you can't refuse these callers transportation to the hospital. I feel very sorry for the person that really needs a bus and that call is held or given to a unit 10 miles away who is the closest. As I said, add the units on and it still won't solve a thing, sorry to say.

I work EMS in the Bronx, what ties up response times is people using the 911 system as there own personal free taxi service to the hospital. People think oh let me go by ambulance and I will get seen faster. People call for the stylist things and I have to take them where they want to go. Example I pick up somebody at Tremont and Third Avenue, closest hospital is St. Barnabas but the patient wants to go to Jacobi Hospital. I have to take them to Jacobi Hospital which is a 20 minute drive away from where I pick them up. The system allows it! As long as the system stays the same as it is now people will continue to use it as there own personal free taxi service. Change the system response times will improve.