2 Collapses Back to Back 3/6/09

E

eng1aux415

Yesterday I was lisening to Manhattan when they transmited a box for a Building collapse, and then while units that were reponding into that box, a second box was transmited for a wrecking ball throw a restarant. When i was lisening I hear Rescue 1, Rescue 2, Rescue 4, & Rescue 5, Squad 1, Squad 18, Squad 41,all responding into Manhattan. Can anyone give me a rundown of both incidents, and why did so many rescue's get called out only Rescue 3 remained in Da Bonx. Also would Rescue 6 be activated if all 5 Rescue Companies were all on respond's, and no Squad were avalible.

J

ja488

eng1aux415 said:
Yesterday I was lisening to Manhattan when they transmited a box for a Building collapse, and then while units that were reponding into that box, a second box was transmited for a wrecking ball throw a restarant. When i was lisening I hear Rescue 1, Rescue 2, Rescue 4, & Rescue 5, Squad 1, Squad 18, Squad 41,all responding into Manhattan. Can anyone give me a rundown of both incidents, and why did so many rescue's get called out only Rescue 3 remained in Da Bonx. Also would Rescue 6 be activated if all 5 Rescue Companies where one a responds, and no Squad were avalible.

A major collapse response gets (2) collapse task forces. A collapse Rescue task force consists of a rescue company and its associated collapse unit. as well as the rest of the assignment, squads, ssl's etc.

E

eng1aux415

can anyone give me a run down of the 2 manhattan collapse boxes???? ???

F

fdny227

The first call was W. 123 St., for a building collapse. Some calls stated it was opposite the 26 pct. the second call for a wrecking ball through a pizza shop was for W 82 St. & Columbus Ave (thats where the 20 pct is located). in all the confusion, some erroneous info came to FD giving the wrong pct. It was quickly made a 10-92, putting all of the SOC units back in service.