Garden City, Long Island, NY
Neville Fleet & Marion Body Works

Attachments

• 99E368C5-B67A-4C18-BE9D-4631392B2396.jpeg
    99E368C5-B67A-4C18-BE9D-4631392B2396.jpeg
    300 KB · Views: 55

HC7

Is Garden City having Budget problems?
I Don't Think So, What Makes You Ask That?
The Last Know Issue I Knew Was Cutting Paid FF's In GC. Also, Currently There Is Only Two Stations, There Used To Be More Than That.

Last edited:
I Don't Think So, What Makes You Ask That?
The Last Know Issue I Knew Was Cutting Paid FF's In GC. Also, Currently There Is Only One Station, There Used To Be More Than One.
Yes. Those were some of the reasons I asked and this current pumper being spec’d. Is being built by Marion, which is a second tier apparatus manufacturer- not saying anything bad about Marion but they are not the same quality and service of Seagrave, Sutphen, Pierce, or E-one. Also the spec as shown looks like a no frills rig. Again I emphasize looks like. I don’t know if it has a heavy duty ruggedized duty package etc. So I’m looking at the big picture of the majority of NYC metro area volunteer apparatus compared to this truck and the history of GC cutting paid staffing and consolidating stations, I thought it was fair to ask if they are operating on a tight or austere budget. Thanks for the reply and info. Stay safe and keep the posts and contributions coming.

HC7

Yes. Those were some of the reasons I asked and this current pumper being spec’d. Is being built by Marion, which is a second tier apparatus manufacturer- not saying anything bad about Marion but they are not the same quality and service of Seagrave, Sutphen, Pierce, or E-one. Also the spec as shown looks like a no frills rig. Again I emphasize looks like. I don’t know if it has a heavy duty ruggedized duty package etc. So I’m looking at the big picture of the majority of NYC metro area volunteer apparatus compared to this truck and the history of GC cutting paid staffing and consolidating stations, I thought it was fair to ask if they are operating on a tight or austere budget. Thanks for the reply and info. Stay safe and keep the posts and contributions coming.
You Have A Very Good Point! I agree with you definitely not the highest quality rig they could have gotten.. which is odd… why would they get the best possible new engine that would last and is very reliable? So yeah must be budget issues I would have to assume.

Same To You @Capttomo
Take Care

The area dealer for Marion (Neville) used to sell Ferrara before REV/Ferrara yanked their dealership and gave it to Hendrickson (along with E-One and Spartan). I know many departments stayed loyal to Neville due to their relationships and their service capabilities.

As a side note, Marion builds Spartan's cab shells and then sends them to Spartan to do the finish work. If you go with Marion for the body, you're basically getting a single-source rig for the most part. Kind of a weird relationship because Marion isn't owned by REV.

The area dealer for Marion (Neville) used to sell Ferrara before REV/Ferrara yanked their dealership and gave it to Hendrickson (along with E-One and Spartan). I know many departments stayed loyal to Neville due to their relationships and their service capabilities.

As a side note, Marion builds Spartan's cab shells and then sends them to Spartan to do the finish work. If you go with Marion for the body, you're basically getting a single-source rig for the most part. Kind of a weird relationship because Marion isn't owned by REV.
Thank you for the info and insight. There is something to be said for loyalty to a salesperson who gains your trust over the years.