4th of July citizen fireworks

Something has to be done to eliminate the sale of fireworks. I live in Chicago and once a week I have to travel to Michigan. 80-94 from BEFORE the state line all the way east is nothing but fireworks stores. Fireworks are ILLEGAL in Illinois but the mopes in Indiania don't care. Eforts to eliminate firework sales have been blocked by the fireworks lobby. I remeber back in Boston in the 70's, a car was inbound on the expressway around the Fourth. The back of the car was loaded with illegal fireworks. Someone decided to throw a lit cigarette away but he forgot th window was closed. There was an explosion, E-21 found the car heavily damaged, E-17 coming from the opposite direction found the roof 750 feet from 21's position. Payback and stupidity was a bitch 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ::)

Bulldog

Bulldog
Maybe Illinois at Chicago would be farther ahead if they just legalize them!  That way you wouldn't have people coming in with carloads of them and the ones in Indiana would mostly go out of business.  That's what Kentucky just did this year if I actually think we had fewer fireworks going off than we did in previous years when they were illegal.  Banning fireworks like most other things only makes people want them that much more.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Heard that New York State is looking into making some fireworks legal. Something along the lines of loss of Taxes to out of state fireworks.  Thinking if they make some legal , they can get some cash for taxes on selling the fireworks.

Illegal down my way too however, people always purchase them and fire them off no matter if they're illegal or not. Legalize fireworks !!!!

OK guys you want to legalize fireworks. In the 80's Chicago FF's responded to a fire caused by fireworks. One Chicago irefighter was killed after a roof collapse during this fire. Again mid 80's Cicero Illinois units responded to a fire caused by illegal fireworks, 4 mult-unit homes were destroyed. SHOW ME THE FUCKING JUSTIFICATION TO LEGALIZING FIREWORKS AND THE INSANE ACTIONS OF THOSE WHO USE THEM. I was a Forward Air Controller in SEA in 68-69, at times we went into SF camps that were in deep shit. I have experienced more explosions/noise from illegal fireworks than I did at camps in danger of being over-run. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( ::) :mad: :mad: