6" ldh and storz

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Satellite units going to 6" ldh with storz.  In 100' length

2000gpm pumpers and tower ladders will get adapters

The adapter it the one with one side threads, and the other side like a quick connect?

Yea...one side is threaded to hook up to the pump panel of the Engine or to feed the TL and the other is a snap in connection

Yea the truck in my house just got it, but of course no info on it, just came in a bag and wasnt sure what that side was used for. At first i thought it was going to be used with Long Island companies if we ever operated with them.. Thanks for the info.

tbendick said:

sounds  like  cost saving  way of doing it too  6" stortz in 100' lengths  is standard  angus hose and  should be  easy to  keep in service as long  as they can  keep the public  from "trying to drive over it"  hahaha I've  seen  everything from Toyota Corollas to Tractor trailers  Chief's station wagons  :eek:

BFD389 said:
tbendick said:

sounds  like  cost saving  way of doing it too  6" stortz in 100' lengths  is standard  angus hose and  should be  easy to  keep in service as long  as they can  keep the public  from "trying to drive over it"  hahaha I've  seen  everything from Toyota Corollas to Tractor trailers  Chief's station wagons  :eek:

F.D.N.Y. has been mostly using KEY Fire hose for many years. Angus was bought out by Kidde back in [I believe] 2007. Kidde quickly fired most of the senior employees who knew the operation and almost as quickly, Angus built a huge factory in China. Immediately their products became substandard with frequent failures of brand new hose. All KEY Fire Hose is manufactured in the U.S.A. and is the best stuff on the market, backed by the best warranty [BTW, after I retired from the fire service, I sold both Angus & Key ... Key is top shelf]

A BUNCH VBCapt! Friction loss at 2000 gpm is only 10.4 PSI per 100 feet for 6 inch LDH compared to 26 PSI for 5 inch.