68jk09

;) If it has not yet been noted here today is the birthday of one fine gentleman known to us as 68jk09. A true gentleman and a very knowlegeable asset to this and other sites regarding the fire service. Have a happy Jack, stay safe, be well and thank you sir for all you do!

I am one of the fortunate Brothers who had the privilege of working for The Chief when he was a Lieutenant. He is a wealth of fire service knowledge and shared it with us everytime we worked with him, whether we were practicing on an 'ADV' with the Hurst Tool, talking in the firehouse kitchen about a particular job he had operated at or operating at a fire or emergency.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHIEF and MANY MORE TO COME ... THANK YOU for all that you did to help turn us young bucks into good firemen ... I will raise a glass a few glasses to you at 5 O'Clock ... 

I believe today is also Willie D's (NFD 2004) birthday.  Happy happy to both lads.

johnd248 said:
I believe today is also Willie D's (NFD 2004) birthday.  Happy happy to both lads.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Willie 'D' and thank you to Tom Bendick for providing this fine website which made it possible for me to make Willie's acquaintance.

Happy birthday to Willie D and the Chief. Also a question for the Chief. Is that you on page 13, first photo on line 2 of mikeinthebronx's web site with Squad 41?

Happy Birthday Brothers! Hey Willy D, why not send the Chief one of those famous portraits of yourself as a B'day gift? lol

Many, many more fellas.

Happy Birthday Chief, and it sure is an Honor to share that day with you.

And Thank you to my good friends here too, for the Birthday Wishes. For anybody that has ever been into the Fire Service, I've been Blessed. Grew up during a Great time and saw the Best and Busiest Fire Dept in the World. I can still remember walking into that firehouse on Intervale Ave, Exactly 41 years ago, along with my buddy Timmy Oldroyd (now retired FF Fairfield, Ct) on our 21st Birthday. It was 3 AM after celebrating in Midtown Manhattan. We were invited to the Evening Meal (about 3 AM) and we ended up riding the rigs and going to a Fourth Alarm somewhere in the Bronx.

But let me say this. I've heard so many Great things about Chief 68jk09. He has the Highest Respect from the many members he has worked with throughout the years. That is certainly one of the Highest honors any Firefighter or Officer can recieve. I think that's a Fact.

Chief, Thank You for your many post and stories on here. 

Happy Birthday, and I certainly wish you many more.