A Woman Commissioner?

I have no objections to a female fire commissioner.  A female fire commissioner who is a lawyer and has zero fire fighting background on the other hand makes me want to move out of the city.

The NY Post article yesterday stated that if appointed, this woman would be the first ever African American Fire Commissioner for FDNY. I'm not quite sure why they chose not to mention that Robert O. Lowery was appointed by Mayor Lindsay as the first African American Fire Commissioner in the 1960's and Augustus Beekman was the second when he was appointed in 1978. There have also been many female Deputy Fire Commissioners. The media never lets the truth get in the way of a good story ... especially when they are trying to defame the image of FDNY's Bravest.

69 METS said:
The NY Post article yesterday stated that if appointed, this woman would be the first ever African American Fire Commissioner for FDNY. I'm not quite sure why they chose not to mention that Robert O. Lowery was appointed by Mayor Lindsay as the first African American Fire Commissioner in the 1960's and Augustus Beekman was the second when he was appointed in 1978. There have also been many female Deputy Fire Commissioners. The media never lets the truth get in the way of a good story ... especially when they are trying to defame the image of FDNY's Bravest.
 You are 100% correct! Also, Lowery and Beekman came up from the ranks! ;)

M

mmattyphoto

They also had a Hispanic, Comm. Rivera. It's not like they never had a minority to lead the Dept.

FD347 said:
mmattyphoto said:
Just another political hack.

Name a commissioner from ANY agency that isn't. They wouldn't be picked otherwise.

They NYPD commisioner is almost always an ex cop. Then again the NYPD is the pride and joy of the city