The following new apparatus is in the planning stages:

1 95' Tower
1 Tractor drawn aerial
1 SOC Scuba Unit
1 SOC Logistics Van
1 Marine Operations truck

B

BYKERHILL

I read something a while back, that FDNY were going to purchase 5 new Foam units,
presumably to replace some or all of the 10 Mack ex pumper units currently in service
can anyone confirm this?

kfd274 said:
The following new apparatus is in the planning stages:

1 95' Tower
1 Tractor drawn aerial
1 SOC Scuba Unit
1 SOC Logistics Van
1 Marine Operations truck

didnt think they actually need a new scuba truck as the current one i hear rarely gets out.

Very interesting to see it is all 1 of each. Who would get the 95' would it be Ladder 12? Or does the department still feel that truck is fine for front line usage. Also the TDA.. who has the oldest? The oldest one I can think of off the top of my head is Ladder 34 who has the 2000.

Len90 said:
Very interesting to see it is all 1 of each. Who would get the 95' would it be Ladder 12? Or does the department still feel that truck is fine for front line usage. Also the TDA.. who has the oldest? The oldest one I can think of off the top of my head is Ladder 34 who has the 2000.

That's correct L34 with the 2000.  L101 has a 2001.  The next nine are 2002 units, and there are two 2005s.

There are two 1994 spares and two 1991's - one a spare and one at the Rock

Len90 said:

On the 95' tower, TL12 has a 2002 unit.  Probably will go to TL 172. They have the oldest 95' tower in front line service a 1999 unit

L-12 original rig was damaged and i think not repairable, they receive L-85 95 footer that was at Rock for a year or so. It was cleaned up and renumbered for L-12.

HCO

In reply to recent posts --

The first of the new 75-foot Seagrave tower ladders is not expected until late November, at the very earliest.

Requests for bids, when they go out, will be for two, not one, 95-foot tower ladders.  They will be for the Bureau of Training and L 172.  Delivery is not expected until the end of next year at the earliest.

Only one 100-foot tiller is going out for bids for the current year orders;  none is planned for next year.

More apparatus information is available in the 8th Edition of the FDNY Operational Reference.

HCO said:

The first of the new 75-foot Seagrave tower ladders is not expected until late November, at the very earliest.

Requests for bids, when they go out, will be for two, not one, 95-foot tower ladders.  They will be for the Bureau of Training and L 172.   Delivery is not expected until the end of next year at the earliest.

Only one 100-foot tiller is going out for bids for the current year orders;  none is planned for next year.

More apparatus information is available in the 8th Edition of the FDNY Operational Reference.

What do you mean by a 100' tiller?    TDA or RMA?

kfd274 said:
HCO said:

Requests for bids, when they go out, will be for two, not one, 95-foot tower ladders.  They will be for the Bureau of Training and L 172.   Delivery is not expected until the end of next year at the earliest.

What do you mean by a 100' tiller?    TDA or RMA?

Tillers refer to TDAs

HCO said:

According to the 8th edition of the Operational Reference which you cite, seven TDA's are planned for 2010 as I reported.

HCO

The recent post is more current than info in the Operational Reference.